R3R mountig of the rear brake disc

PekkaVu

.020 Over
Ride
Riding makes me happy
Hi guys, check the mounting of the rear brake disc. There is a material problem with some brake discs. There is a play in the direction of rotation of the brake disc.

Last edited:
Hi guys, check the mounting of the rear brake disc. There is a material problem with some brake discs. There is a play in the direction of rotation of the brake disc.

I called my dealer to Finland and they said that this would be fixed under warranty (bolts and disc). I don't know if there will be a problem because I'm here in Spain for the winter. What does the dealer say about the warranty here?

I'm no expert but this was brought up in a previous thread:

I think the consensus was that the rear is a floating disc and allows for some measure of play.

I'm no expert but this was brought up in a previous thread:

I think the consensus was that the rear is a floating disc and allows for some measure of play.
I have had the same problem, a rattling sound from the rear disk which could be clearly heard while driving slowly and it's not a floating disk feature.
The fix was to replace bolts and disk under warranty of course. GT20.

There have been lot of comments about my rear brake disk playing. Most comments have been "normal floating disk" what wasn't true. But now my dealer in Finland has changed disk and bolts by warranty. And same service including bleeding and new brake fluid. First time my rear brake is normal like in motorbike should be. See the picture of brake fluid bottle. No ABS unit changing, no brakeline tube changing, no continue bleeding process. Jus change your brake fluid!

Attachments

• IMG_20220708_174558.jpg
    IMG_20220708_174558.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 15
Oh bugger, just checked mine & it's the same.
Here comes warranty claim number 6? :confused:

Thankfully my Dealer has been exceptional in their handling of all of them to date.

Put my Rocket into the dealer yesterday in Edinburgh for the recall fix on the rear brake reservoir. He found this problem and is now in discussion with Triumph HQ wrt to warranty. Fortunately after my previous experience with failed TFT I took out an extended warranty so hopefully this will cover this latest issue. My bike has done 21000 miles and is over 2 years old.
A wee bit disappointed this wasn't picked up in the last service.

Back