rainman

Seabee can do
Ride
06 classic 2012 victory xr
I had been thinking and wondering evryoeve has talked bout changing the fuel filter but the whole time I have been on which has been several years I don't remember anyone talking bout changing the sock filter at the end if the fuel pump
Has anyone ever changed it without changing the fuel pump

This is my thought of the day

After going through the hassle of pulling the assembly why wouldn't you want to put a new pump in at the same time?

I had been thinking and wondering evryoeve has talked bout changing the fuel filter but the whole time I have been on which has been several years I don't remember anyone talking bout changing the sock filter at the end if the fuel pump
Has anyone ever changed it without changing the fuel pump

This is my thought of the day
I changed mine when I changed to the Walbro 342 fuel pump. But you do have a good point.

The Triumph filter is ridiculously priced at $54 and is just a repainted Mahle KL145 which can be purchased for $11 to $30 depending on where you buy it. Changing the fuel filter is somewhat cumbersome but not hard. The little fuel hose tubes inside that attach it should be OK. Also the sock just needs to be cleaned. IF you see it full of debris or gunk it should still be cleanable.

Clevite MAHLE KL145: Mahle Fuel Filter 1983-2010 BMW/Motorcycle & Ducati | JEGS

Mahle KL145 Fuel Filter | eBay

The Triumph filter is ridiculously priced at $54 and is just a repainted Mahle KL145 which can be purchased for $11 to $30 depending on where you buy it. Changing the fuel filter is somewhat cumbersome but not hard. The little fuel hose tubes inside that attach it should be OK. Also the sock just needs to be cleaned. IF you see it full of debris or gunk it should still be cleanable.

Clevite MAHLE KL145: Mahle Fuel Filter 1983-2010 BMW/Motorcycle & Ducati | JEGS

Mahle KL145 Fuel Filter | eBay

WHAT? No FeMahle filter.................... BIGGOT! :whitstling:

how much is the sock? if i know how much it costs i would know whether to change it.
so far i have 39000 miles and all is good.:whitstling:

Back