Question regarding Fuel smell

Many of us eliminated that on the 2.3 bikes. You may want to search out posts on that. It's probably a similar routing system, so you could figure out how to remove it. Then, if the smell went away you will have found the culprit. If not, reinstall the canister and keep investigating. If so, get a new canister or.......
-----
This may sound a bit crazy, but I would take a hose and point it at various places around the bike while smelling the other end for a strong signal. This should help you locate the leak.

I wonder if your fuel line or the seal under the tank for the fuel pump and filter has a very slight leak (not torqued properly). It's on the left side in case you try the sniff test. It's here...
img_2087-jpg.120937

But, it's time to change the fuel filter anyway. I did a post on the process here....

Many of us eliminated that on the 2.3 bikes. You may want to search out posts on that. It's probably a similar routing system, so you could figure out how to remove it. Then, if the smell went away you will have found the culprit. If not, reinstall the canister and keep investigating. If so, get a new canister or.......
-----
This may sound a bit crazy, but I would take a hose and point it at various places around the bike while smelling the other end for a strong signal. This should help you locate the leak.

I wonder if your fuel line or the seal under the tank for the fuel pump and filter has a very slight leak (not torqued properly). It's on the left side in case you try the sniff test. It's here...
img_2087-jpg.120937

But, it's time to change the fuel filter anyway. I did a post on the process here....
Thanks Journeyman I did forget to mention that I did change the fuel filter and checked the main seal thanks to your pictures and post and found no signs of any leaks and reinstalled and torked all bolts properly but I will definitely try to change that vent hose and see if that changes anything .

Back