Fuel sender question

RazMan

Rocket Addict
Ride
2022 R3 GT, 2011 America
I am having trouble fitting a Koso fuel gauge and after contacting their tech support guy, he tells me that their gauge cannot read from the existing gauge signal and needs to go direct to the sender unit in the tank. So which wire is the right one? I am guessing Terminal No 4 -BG A24 which goes back to the ECU, but can I just tap into it or should I disconnect it from the ECU first?

#4 BG is the voltage from A24 so if u break that circuit it will no longer work
(i am asuming it will be 5volts if it is ungrounded)
i believe that A24 will be voltage from 0 to 5 volts depending on level of gas. (might be 12 volts)
just my opinion going on the diagrams also
page 11.96 of my manual shows the diagram of fuel level sensor pin a24 bg to sensor pin#4 through sensor then to pin #3 b to pin a06 computer ground

info should be good
they did not make the classic until 2006
yours is a standard
our bikes on the speedo had an low level lite either on or off probably why the koso would not work on that circuit.

info should be good
they did not make the classic until 2006
yours is a standard
our bikes on the speedo had an low level lite either on or off probably why the koso would not work on that circuit.
Yes, and I have decided to connect an independent led to the original 'low fuel' output so at least I will still have that function.
That still leaves the old fuel gauge signal to translate into 'Koso' language. I am in contact with their tech guys but it sounds like I will have to forget about having a gauge for now and be happy with the low fuel light. :(

That light comes on at (on mine) one half tank
If it doesn't have a tune u should get close to 190 miles to a tank
I was able to get 160 miles on a tank even doing 40 of those miles with heavy throttle
Do u have a trip miles that u can set?
Trip mileage is what i use.
Just thought triumph has an accessory gas gauge that works on our bike. Does anyone know how that fuel gauge works?

Back