Proper procedure to trailer bike?

RocketDaryl

Top Fuel
Ride
2019 Indian Scout Sixty
I'm proud to say that I don't trailer my bikes unless they're broke down. That said, I need to get my Tiger and Thunderbird to the dealer next weekend. They're not broke, but I need to get both there in one trip (50 miles one way) and I don't want to have to ride one there with someone following me and then ride back to my house to get the other. Thus, I'm going to load both up on my work trailer (open 6x12) and take them. Problem is, never having done it, I don't know how to strap them down properly.

I have 4 medium duty straps (600 lb load limit per strap). Will those work? And, how do you strap a bike so it doesn't come loose and fall over?

Oh, I also have one motorcycle wheel chock (quick release kind). The previous owner of the trailer used it as a bike hauler. I actually have 3 chocks, but the other two were hard mounted to the trailer and I removed them because I use the trailer for work.

Daryl I have some straps and I know that I will be in Crestview this Wed. Let me know if you be be available and I could show you how to secure the bikes, I am teaching a class that weekend or I would have rode one of the bikes over to D&D for you.
Nothing serious I hope, just a service?

Daryl I have some straps and I know that I will be in Crestview this Wed. Let me know if you be be available and I could show you how to secure the bikes, I am teaching a class that weekend or I would have rode one of the bikes over to D&D for you.

Good on you scott

That would be great Dave! I would certainly appreciate it!

It's nothing serious. I just need to scale back right now so I bought myself a Bonney (t100) and am taking the other two to Julie to sell for me.

p.s. The reason Carol taped the envelope on the door in lieu of giving it to you in person is because she was sick. I forgot to tell you before, but she was sick most of the week.

Back