primary TPS plug and play

Don't understand tick over.
Does that mean takes a while cranking be for it starts

Don't understand tick over.
Does that mean takes a while cranking be for it starts
No. When I hit the start bottom it will start and cut out immediately if I give it trottle it will rev but let go trottle it cuts out. It I hold trottle for a While till it warms up it will tick over

OK, so it starts, then once it warms up it does what?

As @TURBO200R4 asked already - what do you mean by "tick over?"

I probably shouldn't guess, as we don't quite understand yet what's going on, but it sounds like the stepper motor IF after it warms up it runs OK.

Also, I realize it's a PITA to type on a phone, but you'll make it easier for us to help if you take the time to type what you're trying to say more carefully.

Tick over = idle 🙂
OK, forget the stepper motor then. Could very well be the TPS among other potential problems. I had a similar problem and received lots of great advice here (may be of help to you)....

In my case it was the TPS. Easy to replace and easy to adjust. Go ahead and get the proper recommended cable and TuneECU.

OK, so it starts, then once it warms up it does what?

As @TURBO200R4 asked already - what do you mean by "tick over?"

I probably shouldn't guess, as we don't quite understand yet what's going on, but it sounds like the stepper motor IF after it warms up it runs OK.

Also, I realize it's a PITA to type on a phone, but you'll make it easier for us to help if you take the time to type what you're trying to say more carefully.
Thanks for responses.
Yes tick over means idle. It won’t idle when I start it unless I hold throttle open and keep revs up. What is the stepper motor

Thanks for responses.
Yes tick over means idle. It won’t idle when I start it unless I hold throttle open and keep revs up. What is the stepper motor
The stepper helps with starting when it's cold. Some of us remove it, but you then have to use the throttle to keep a good idle when starting it in cold weather, until it "ticks over" :) on its own. I don't think that's your problem. Check out that link I included above. Mine was the TPS, but I got good recommendations on other potential problems including vacuum issues, map sensor, crank position sensor.

Can you recommend ecu cable and would I need software also. Sorry I’m novice on these things

Can you recommend ecu cable and would I need software also. Sorry I’m novice on these things
No problem...
Here's the link for TuneECU website
on that page you'll see recommended cables. For my Roadster I use the USB cable made by Lonelec

Read up on all the sections on this page Overview En

I was looking for the link to download the app and all I see is for the newer version for Android. Some of the older versions are in the Resource section of this website or check with @R-III-R Turbo, with 2.5.8 being the latest version. You can also PM me for a zip file of that version.

I would then search this site for a description of the procedure- there are probably many. If R-III-Turbo has a video on it (probably) I would use that.

In your situation I would.... Get the TuneECU app installed on a laptop or computer you can put close to the bike. Order the proper cable. Don't attempt to get something else that claims to work- many hours of frustration ahead.

Order a TPS. If that isn't your current problem and you ride much, you'll end up needing it later anyway.

Check your vacuum hoses (are they disconnected or cracked) and, if you have K&Ns or RamAir make sure the caps on the throttle bodies are sound. If stock air, start planning on ripping that out and getting one or the other of those air mods- it makes working on the bike (spark plugs, valve clearance checks, etc.) much much easier. Check the map sensor (instructions in the link to the post I gave earlier). Check your leads going to the coils (the small wires) and crimp them tight if loose- search on this website to learn. The #1 coil is a Biatch to get to. Go ahead and clean the Crankshaft Position Sensor. All of those things are easy and cheap, or free, to do.

Your problem is solvable- stick with it.

Back