primary TPS plug and play

No problem...
Here's the link for TuneECU website
on that page you'll see recommended cables. For my Roadster I use the USB cable made by Lonelec

Read up on all the sections on this page Overview En

I was looking for the link to download the app and all I see is for the newer version for Android. Some of the older versions are in the Resource section of this website or check with @R-III-R Turbo, with 2.5.8 being the latest version. You can also PM me for a zip file of that version.

I would then search this site for a description of the procedure- there are probably many. If R-III-Turbo has a video on it (probably) I would use that.

In your situation I would.... Get the TuneECU app installed on a laptop or computer you can put close to the bike. Order the proper cable. Don't attempt to get something else that claims to work- many hours of frustration ahead.

Order a TPS. If that isn't your current problem and you ride much, you'll end up needing it later anyway.

Check your vacuum hoses (are they disconnected or cracked) and, if you have K&Ns or RamAir make sure the caps on the throttle bodies are sound. If stock air, start planning on ripping that out and getting one or the other of those air mods- it makes working on the bike (spark plugs, valve clearance checks, etc.) much much easier. Check the map sensor (instructions in the link to the post I gave earlier). Check your leads going to the coils (the small wires) and crimp them tight if loose- search on this website to learn. The #1 coil is a Biatch to get to. Go ahead and clean the Crankshaft Position Sensor. All of those things are easy and cheap, or free, to do.

Your problem is solvable- stick with it.
Thanks man that’s great information. Last night I removed the stepper and gave it a clean and lots of WD 40. I put it back on and she fired up ok. So took to work this morning and she fire up straight away no problems and she has not run this sweet in a while so hopefully this may have resolved it. The engine management light did stay on but went of after the spin to work. I will update if things change and I will also be getting the ECU cable and learning to use. Wow they are some bike to ride

Attachments

• D71294D4-35DB-4C5D-9897-489E8BB8C022.jpeg
    D71294D4-35DB-4C5D-9897-489E8BB8C022.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 7
Thanks man that’s great information. Last night I removed the stepper and gave it a clean and lots of WD 40. I put it back on and she fired up ok. So took to work this morning and she fire up straight away no problems and she has not run this sweet in a while so hopefully this may have resolved it. The engine management light did stay on but went of after the spin to work. I will update if things change and I will also be getting the ECU cable and learning to use. Wow they are some bike to ride
That's awesome- sounds like you found the issue. When you get a chance check those vacuum hoses and coil wires- it may run even better than that. Enjoy the ride!

The stepper motor can get gummed up over time. Since yours appears to have been sitting for a while, it probably needed the cleaning. Once you get Tune ECU working, you will be able to check the throttle body balance which is a quick way to determine if you have any vacuum leaks as well as balance things up. Make sure you watch R-III-R Turbo's video he posted. Also, as already been stated, many of us have removed the intake plumbing and installed filters (Ramair) directly on the throttle bodies. You need to do this if you want to make life easier maintaining the beast. It also allows you to convert your air filter housing into a storage container.

Back