No help here: Like "ice cream taster: it's a great job if you can get it" -- I've searched high and low for a tuner, and the hard part I've come to realize is like many worthwhile things in life, tuning is an art, and are often is an iterative process, and the couple of folks with whom I've checked within 500 miles from here who seem to know what they are doing, don't have experience with the Rocket, and being up front say something like, "It's a $125.00 per run, and it could take four to six runs, and well, it could get expensive." And +1 @R3Tex about "PCV is all any of them know anything about".

I'm going to try the Dobeck AFR+ upon the endorsement of @Idaho Red Rocket 3 (apparently, the folks used him for testing their product, so there may be a chance of it working as advertised).

Same for me? Other side of Virginia. Almost set up a trip to PA but after talking with the guy who had tuned 3 or 4 Rockets, he talked me out of it? He claimed that the PCV was not really tunable in and below the cruise range and that AT was doing the best I could get already?
Lot's of Harley tuners that say they'd give it a try though, HA!:eek:

I'm going the Dobeck route mainly to see if there is something I can do when I want to .

I'm cautious, remembering when I was young, and a Viet Nam-era helicopter pilot in the local guard took me up for a ride, and out away from the airport on a nice day in calm air, flying straight and level (though there is no such thing for a helicopter), he told me, "When I was learning to fly, my instructor told me, to imagine this stick is in a bucket of ****, and the more you stir it around, the worse it smells. O.k. you got it."

I put my hands on the control, and almost instantly the nose started edging off to one side, and I tried to correct, and it went too far the other way, and I tried to adjust for the interval, and sure enough, pretty soon the vehicle motion was scaring me, and about that time, the calm voice on the intercom said, "O.k. I've got it now."

Messing with engines, and their carefully designed and implemented balance of tradeoffs strikes me that way, and I fear getting myself into something where things spin out of control, and I'm missing that calm voice over the intercom . . .

I noticed on the Power Commander website you can only go up to an 2008 rocket...will the one for an 08 fit my 16 roadster?

I noticed on the Power Commander website you can only go up to an 2008 rocket...will the one for an 08 fit my 16 roadster?

That is the now cheaper PCIII (3) version that was advertised that way, there is a PCV (5) version as well, I THINK both will actually work with all Rockets. The PCV has finer tuning options though apparently. There are a zillion threads to read on the topic and some appear w/o even searching at the bottom of this thread. There are whole forums devoted to this stuff. I have a PCV and AT on my 2010 R3Roadster with a HansO tune.:thumbsup:

I'm lucky and live reasonably close to the Guru and just let him do it! But I THINK the Tune ECU goes into the OEM ECU and some extra Magic was done while I chatted to his lovely missus Ann about pumpkins. Now ask me about pumpkins;):D:thumbsup::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Back