ChicagoRocket

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph Rocket 3 R Chrome Edition
Ok gang,

I've been running the HansO tune via tune ecu for about a year. Current set up is the following

*2016 Roadster
*Ram Air
*TORs
*HansO tune via tune ecu

bike runs like a Frenchman during world war 2.

Last month I ordered a set of headers and mid pipe delete from Paul at Viking Exhaust. I should have the headers and mid pipe end of June.

HansO did send me a tune for that set up as well but I am wondering what everyones experience is with the PC and Auto Tune.

If I order the PC with Auto tune will that be enough for the following set up

*Ram Air
*TORs
*Viking mid pipe delete
*Viking Headers

I really want to maximize my modifications but want to do so safely as well.

What's everyones experience with the PC and Auto Tune? Does the auto tune work well or should I still seek out getting a custom tune from a local shop that has that experience?

Also, with that setup what should I expect in terms of rear wheel hp and tq???

Thanks!

I have auto tune on my 13 Roadster and I have it turned off. The bike is running a dyno tune on the PCV and every time I switch on the AT it starts running like shyte. My thoughts are...get the PCV if you have a tuner somewhere close because that's all any of them I've talked to understand...or stay with what you have

Should have read your whole question...I would think that you should get somewhere in the 150's or so for HP and Torque after the dyno tune...maybe a little higher depending on the tuner. That's about where my roadster is with CES headers into a single pipe

Not familiar with them but one of the other guys may be, but I would bet that they are running a dyno jet machine which means that they received OEM training on the PCV and associated software

No help here: Like "ice cream taster: it's a great job if you can get it" -- I've searched high and low for a tuner, and the hard part I've come to realize is like many worthwhile things in life, tuning is an art, and are often an iterative process, and the couple of folks with whom I've checked within 500 miles from here who seem to know what they are doing, don't have experience with the Rocket, and being up front say something like, "It's a $125.00 per run, and it could take four to six runs, and well, it could get expensive." And +1 @R3Tex about "PCV is all any of them know anything about".

I'm going to try the Dobeck AFR+ upon the endorsement of @Idaho Red Rocket 3 (apparently, the folks used him for testing their product, so there may be a chance of it working as advertised).

Back