Power Commander 5 and AutoTune info

Frosty Rider

Turbocharged
Ride
2010 R III T, 2020 R 3GT, 2001 HD CVO WideGlide
ok, hopefully this is the last of trying to figure this all out, I have the power commander 5 and i just installed the AutoTune into the system.
All the videos i have seen indicate that there is supposed to be a CAN plug (not the CAN cable that goes between the power commander and the autotune) this is supposed to be a CAN plug that acts as a terminator that you plug into either the power commander or the autotune, but when i unpacked the autotune it didn't have this plug in the kit and i checked through everything. Did something change in the design where this is no longer needed?

I've never had a terminator plug, not even sure it would go.

Not sure where you would place it even.

Yeah u need the can terminator to go in the 2nd socket otherwise it will behave funny. Or at least u did on models from a few years ago
And for some reason dynojet are always forgetting to put 1 in with the kit.
Was there none inc with the PCv?
Email them and they'll wing you out one - I've a very helpful contact if needed

Last edited:
Ok, after speaking with the people at power commander and one of our reputable dyno shops, it turns out that any AutoTune manufactured after July 2015 doesn't need the CAN Terminator Plug, so if you check your serial number on your autotune and the first 4-digits read as 1507 or higher you don't need it.

From the dyno shop they indicated that if you are going to use one, keep the O2 sensor in the bike and after about 5 good runs, accepting the trims after each run, remove the O2 sensor and disconnect the autotune and put the plug into the connector where the O2 sensor goes and you should be good to go, this way you don't have to worry about the O2 sensor failing after a year or two. If you remap the PCV then put the autotune back on and reinstall the O2 sensor and run the bike a few times after changing the map and accept the trims, and then remove it all again

Is there a method of testing the 02 sensor, mine has been in for a few years now.

that i'm not sure of, the guy from the dyno shop was saying that you will notice the bike not running or performing as expected, and if you try to remap it, it will usually get worse. sorry i can't be definitive on this, i'm just learning all of this stuff as i go

ah yes so they fixed that bug in 2015 then, that explains why a few needed CANs and Clav didnt

yes there is a way to test the O2 sensor on the AT, it's in the instructions see page 2 >>> link

Just FYI -
My dyno guru said my PC5 was unnecessary with a Tune ECU Dyno.
We turned it off, leaving it installed in case I ever went N 2O.
For two years now all has ran very well. :thumbsup:

I would second what he said bull, as long as it's a stock motor internally.

I'm very much looking forward to having him work his magic on my bike!

Back