Popular Mechanics review

I have owned a M109r for 2 years great bike but geared wrong for around town and in the twisty stuff you have to really use the power out of the corners to make cornering smooth, nothing wrong with that but when you look down and see 130 klms out of a corner in a 100 zone you don't have your licence for long :(
They are really set up as more of a sport ride than an easy cruise, I would choose the rocket any day (and I have) so easy in the twisties you can stay within the speed limit easily if you want to and around town perfect and if you feel like a thrill in the twisties you can easily still do that.:D

As a former M109 owner, I know they have lots of power and are fun to ride. They do well in the turns, but you have to adjust your feet. My boot heels would touch before the pegs, and actually pulled a foot off the peg in a quick S turn. Ouch!

Also, second gear is crap. Anyone who rides hard will have a problem with it giving out.

The power they give you, is all you can reliably get. Intake and exhaust with a PC is ok, but the lower cases won't hold up to any more. A few guys that got head work for an extra 20 hp never got over 20K miles before the knocking started.

Back