Plug and Go tire repair kit

Does anyone have an opinion on which is better or which you prefer the mushroom or rope type plugs. I have only used the rope type so I have no opinion on the other and would like to get some input.

When radials came out about 40 years ago ,they told me to patch, not plug them.

Most of the time a rope plug is fine, but I had one blow out of a car tire once going about 60 mph. I heard the plug blow out. The tire went down very fast. I have since been leary of using them on motorcycle tires, although I carry a plug kit and co2 cartridges for emergency purposes. I think I will get a mushroom kit for my next trip.:roll:

HTML:
When radials came out about 40 years ago ,they told me to patch, not plug them. Yesterday 04:18 PM

When it comes to automobile/truck tires, and due to the fact that I purchase a vehicle to have it for most of it's life (12 years, 14 years, 29 years on the old Yamaha), I purchase what I believe to be one of the best, Michelin tires, which are belted radial tires. I have been sticking rope plugs in 'em for most of 20+ years and am confident in their integrity & my ability to install them properly. I'll do the same with the mushroom plug kit I purchased and I believe I'll "install it and forget it".

It's not a gimic for someone to "get rich off as many fools that buy them" before the word gets out they are worthless, they (both types of plugs) have value. And although I have not personally needed a mushroom plug on the bike, I have saves literally hundreds of dollars in towing costs & repair expenses by using the rope plugs.

SOLD!

My 2 cents worth. See ya.

Back