Pianoman's Seatbelt Poll

Because you ride a motorcycle without a seat belt, are you more inclined to wear one

• Yes: I always wear a seat belt

Votes: 41 87.2%
  • Sometimes: Depending on what speed or road I'm driving

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Never: After riding the motorcycle... I feel safe in a car

Votes: 2 4.3%

• Total voters
I may be more willing to wear it if it was more comfortable - or at least less uncomfortable. I don't like it rubbing on my neck at all. I wonder - if I got something like a 6" or 8" extension if that would move shoulder belt over enough not to be irritating. Not that I still don't think the gov't should have any say in it, but I'd be more likely to wear it if it wan't an irritant.

I've Seen The Light

Well, I have to admit I was quite surprised at the Poll Results. I voted in the blue bracket at the start of this ....... but have decided to move to the red. Don't get me wrong, I'm the last guy to complain about somebody else's driving habits...... I just decided it was time for me to change.

Also, this phrase helped me decide:

Seat belts are not as confining as wheelchairs.

How does the government make money from seat belt laws? From taxes on seat belts?
Hint: Insurance Companies rule! And they really could care less about you as a person. They'd rather pay out a half mil on hospital bills than twice or more on death benefits.

I always wear a seat belt in my cars and I always wear a helmet. I don't believe I should be forced to do either but I do so because it is safer.

The forward forces exerted upon a 60 mph collision, that could be 30 mph head on collision with another vehicle also traveling at 30, is approximately 400 pounds of forward momentum force. Anyone here able to bench press 400 pounds that might consider not wearing a seat belt?

Back