Long distance seat recommendation

Tbone

.060 Over
Ride
2014 Roadster 2008 Not So Standard 2006 Carpenter
Leaving NC in August and heading to Yellowstone then to Sturgis so just curious what seat any of you guys would recommend for long distance riding.

Hello @Tbone, for several years I stuck to the stock seat with no concerns. However I did use a large BeadRider on the seat. It gave me great ventilation for hot rides and with a small amount of movement in the saddle, you get a nice circulatory massage.

BeadRider looks to have doubled their prices since I bought mine but there are others out there that look to provide the same comfort. Going this way saves a lot of money.
15665381_10210066107542291_2378232258973875201_n.jpg

I borrowed an Airhawk for a long leg of a trip last year and really liked it. My problem is, no matter what it is, after I'm in the same position too long, something starts to hurt. The Airhawk allowed me to shift my weight around so no one part of my ass was point-of-contact all the time. Gonna pick one up before next year's first long trip.

Just did 3k on a Triumph Long Haul with the matching backrest. It was great. I also had the Mustang without backrest and really liked it for the 500 or so miles I had it, but sold it because I missed the backrest and went back to the Long Haul. If you are looking to just get a seat and go the Long Haul if you can find it or the Mustang (I don’t know if they make a Roadster version). Otherwise go with one of the custom options like Laam or Russel Day Long. Many of the Iron Butt Riders go with those two brands.

Back