Perth, Australia in the Little League World Series

Steele Rocket

.040 Over
Ride
2013 Triumph R3T, 2013 Honda NC700X, 1992 Honda Shadow 1100
I know there are a lot of R3 brothers and sisters from Australia and I was thrilled to see a little League Baseball team from Perth has made it to the World Series here in Williamsport, Pa. USA.
2013 Little League World Series - Schedule

This is almost in my back yard.

It is maybe 15 minutes from my house to the baseball complex.

Will they have an R3 for a logo on their uniforms?

Also, in the series is Ottawa, Canada and so a congratulations to the R3ers from the north.

God bless!!

Michael

Australia Representative: Perth Metro Central Little League (Perth, Australia)
Team Record: 7-0

The 2013 Little League Baseball® World Series has its first Region Champion, and they’ve already made history.
On Wednesday, June 5, the Perth Metro Central Little League in Perth, Australia won the inaugural Australia Region Tournament in Queensland, Australia, earning its way to compete in the Little League Baseball World Series in South Williamsport, Pa.
It will be the first time in the 67-year history of the Little League Baseball World Series that a team from Australia will take the field at Howard J. Lamade and Volunteer Stadiums.

Team Photo:

2013 Little League World Series - Australia Region

Their first game is this Thursday at 5PM our time (Time down under would be?) vs the Mexico Little League team.

It will be broadcast on ESPN2.

I won't be in the stands for this one but maybe their second game {our 2013 R3 Touring will be sitting proudly in the motorcycle parking area).

It is a double elimination tournament.

God bless!!

Michael

A follow-up to how the Australian Little League team made out.

They played Mexico and lost in their first round game 12-0.

Many over here were very disappointed.

You would be surprised how big of a following the team has over here.

But, they can still rise from within the ranks of the losers bracket which will actually have easier games for them.

So, there is still hope.

Hang in there!

God bless!!

Michael

I wanted to share this article from our local newspaper.

It is about the Australian Little League team.

Baseball down under - SunGazette.com | News, Sports, Jobs, Community Information - Williamsport-Sun Gazette

I thought it was a really good article.

Some of my brother and sister Aussie Rocket runners may even be able to add to what is stated in the article.

(I was disappointed the article did not list "Triumph Rocket III cruising" regarding popular junior sports down under!!!)

The team takes the field in 3.5 hours and takes on the team from the Caribbean (San Lorenzo, Puerto Rico).

How many of us can state they have played a sport as either a kid or an adult against the best from another country?

And like the article states - competing at the Series is a process.

I remember Canada first bringing a team and for several years they always lost and it was rarely close.

But now they are a very good and competitive team.

In regards to the teams loss to Mexico - Mexico always brings a very good team.

I know there are Rocket forum members from states that have teams represented here (and even other countries such as Canada) but due to this being Australia's first time here and in honor of our many Aussies Rocket Captains I wanted to encourage both the Captains and the kids by letting a little light shine that direction for a moment.

God bless!!

Michael

The Australian Little League team played today and lost.

They are now out of the double elimination tournament.

But they played much better the second game losing in a close 4-0 game.

Let this be step one and hope we see the team from Australia here again next year.

We often need the first trip or two to get acclimated to the area, the fields, and the entire experience.

I really, really hope they enjoyed being here because we were tremendously blessed to have the boys and their families come and be part of our community for the time they were here.

Hold your heads up high my Aussie friends, the team represented you very well.

God bless!!

Michael

This team is still amazing me.

The kindness of the Australian Little League team is going above the call of duty.

All other teams from other states and countries, after being eliminated from the tournament, would take a tour of the region and depart for home.

But not the Australian players.

One of their stops was at a local hospital to visit the Cancer ward (a hospital only 10-15 minutes from my home and one I have used.)

While other humans are all into "what can I do for me" these players went to brighten up the day of someone who is dying and stuck in a hospital.

Here is the write up in our local newspaper - Team from down under lifts cancer patients.

I think maybe fifteen R3 Captains should show up with their ships at the airport and give the team players a ride when they arrive back home.

I hope their generosity reaches the newspapers back home so your fellow countryman can see the high quality children you have.

God bless!!

Michael

Thanks for posting this appart from this thread I have heard nothing of this here in Queensland and don't expect to.The Perth blokes may have had something in there sports pages of the paper but I suspect unless you have a personal interest in this team over here you would now very little about it.

Thanks for posting this appart from this thread I have heard nothing of this here in Queensland and don't expect to.The Perth blokes may have had something in there sports pages of the paper but I suspect unless you have a personal interest in this team over here you would now very little about it.

Nup not a word about it in any Perth media (that I'm aware of of course).

Michael - thanks for the updates :)

Back