rocketrod

Standard Bore
Ride
R3 Touring , Thruxton
Picked up a little brother for the Rocket.
Thanks to the good folks at Freewheeling Triumph in Douglasville, Ga.
A guy shopping there said it is a nice bike just a little heavy. Heavy LOL . I ride a Rocket Touring!
B8D0C13D-DDCD-4AA8-9078-796B95C85D4B.jpeg

beautiful bike. jealous. I'd love a thruxton.

Bill, a thruxton can outrun a rocket?!?! sheeeeeesh I didn't know that.

Well a Thruxton R with minor mods and a cam has beaten my Rocket with minor mods 48 out of 49 runs against each other. That Thruxton R is dyno tuned with 101 HP. My Rocket WAS dyno tuned to 145 HP. The power to weight ratio was against me. HOWEVER, now that I have done some expensive up-grades to my Rocket, I think my new dyno number of 200 HP will overcome this Thruxton R at the drag strip on October 1st. Stay tuned.

Well a Thruxton R with minor mods and a cam has beaten my Rocket with minor mods 48 out of 49 runs against each other. That Thruxton R is dyno tuned with 101 HP. My Rocket WAS dyno tuned to 145 HP. The power to weight ratio was against me. HOWEVER, now that I have done some expensive up-grades to my Rocket, I think my new dyno number of 200 HP will overcome this Thruxton R at the drag strip on October 1st. Stay tuned.
No more walk of shame. Beat him this time! I have to run up to Middleton to see my wife's brother briefly this week. I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.:thumbsup:
Edit: I wonder how a newer gen Rocket would fare against the Thruxton.

Back