PCIII Maps - what to change for decel popping?

Damd8279

.040 Over
I need some help from those who tinker with their own maps using the PCIII. I have my tune which was done be the best Dynotune guy we have around and I am absolutely happy with the ride @ 154hp. The issue I have is that I still have some decel popping that is driving me crazy but dont want to part with another wad of cash just to fix this minor tweeking.

If any experts know which figures to change, in which cells, and by how much, I can begin tinkering myself until I get it right. I really dont want to mess with the 98% of the map which is perfect.

Those "15"s in the zero column do the trick, I do believe. Its adding enough fuel with a closed throttle to maintain complete combustion so you don't pass raw hydrocarbons into the the hot header as you decel... if there is little to burn it won't "pop".

So in my map down the "O" column I already have 15 from 2000-4750 rpm, if I increase them a little I should be right.....correct?
I see in the second map you have as high as 25 down that column, any other reason (other than to eliminate popping) that its that high compared to the rest of the range ?

That is correct. I would go to 20 first and see if that helps.

It is higher because the stock map in the ECU is really low in those areas, so you need more of an increase in that area. The PCIII maps are trim maps that supplement the stock fueling map.

Last edited:
Pc 3 Map

I've got a stock exhaust with CAT box and KN Filter with PC III.
Does anyone have a MAP "DYNO TUNED" for this confiiguration to try ??:)?
It's so difficult to feel if the stock MAP loaded is better than others!

I've got a stock exhaust with CAT box and KN Filter with PC III.
Does anyone have a MAP "DYNO TUNED" for this confiiguration to try ??:)?
It's so difficult to feel if the stock MAP loaded is better than others!

Never say never but I would HIGHLY doubt anyone would spend money to dyno tune a bike with the stock pipes and catbox still installed. Not really conducive for performance for obvious reasons.

Back