PCIII dyno tune ... yes/no?

HellFire

Legend
I'm taking Phoebe in for a couple warranty issues and her 10k service next week, what about having a dyno tune while she's there?
I've got a PCIII, TOR's, triple filters, secondaries removed and a GIPro gear position indicator with timing retard eliminator. She'll snap your head off as it is, but what do you think about having it all checked and dyno'd by the shop? Is it money well spent, or a waste of time?

I would say yes, because you'll always end up with a smoother fuel map that is custom to your bike for best performance and economy.

At least have them do an initial run and see where you're at A/F ratio wise and if it would be worth it to do a full blown dyno tune.

I highly suggest the dynotune. You're simply optimizing the fuel ratio for the best performance. My understanding is you can fine tune things a little better with Tuneboy, but there aren't as many tuners familiar with it, like they are the PC. My bike had a big difference with the few up-grades like you mentioned. Enjoy!

Even if a dyno tune doesn't yield significant more power, it will make for a much smoother fuel map. To me, that made it worth it alone.

done the dyno tune.
$180.00
It was well worth it.
I was running way to lean on low throttle position,
and way rich at faster throttle speeds.
Now it's "just right".
Didn't get any HP increase, but bumped my torque up 5 FT. LBs.
Runs ALOT better, but I think I'm gonna redo my exhaust,
and go with something bigger and a little longer.
If my parts weren't already laying around, I couldn't afford ANY pipes.

done the dyno tune.
$180.00
It was well worth it.
I was running way to lean on low throttle position,
and way rich at faster throttle speeds.
Now it's "just right".
Didn't get any HP increase, but bumped my torque up 5 FT. LBs.
Runs ALOT better, but I think I'm gonna redo my exhaust,
and go with something bigger and a little longer.
If my parts weren't already laying around, I couldn't afford ANY pipes.

what were the results?

Back