Interestingly, I've read numerous reviews of the Guzzi Norge, a bike which I'm quite taken by. Every review praises the Norge and I'd consider one seriously if there was a dealer within 300 miles. Sadly, there isn't.

Don't let the distance to a Guzzi dealer dissuade you from getting one! First of all they are supposed to be bulletproof. Secondly the dealers can measure the time in MONTHS when they have to get parts from Italy so being a decent distance from one shouldn't be a big deal :).

I have said it a million times and I will say it again. If I wasn't into Triumph's I would be a Guzzi guy. Seriously, if you like it go for it!

Don't let the distance to a Guzzi dealer dissuade you from getting one! First of all they are supposed to be bulletproof. Secondly the dealers can measure the time in MONTHS when they have to get parts from Italy so being a decent distance from one shouldn't be a big deal :).

I have said it a million times and I will say it again. If I wasn't into Triumph's I would be a Guzzi guy. Seriously, if you like it go for it!

With Piaggio taking the reins of Guzzi and investing in the company, Guzzi should become a more viable company here in the States. Guzzi's problem here is dealer representation, even more so than Triumph. With me adding on to my storage space for bikes, I may purchase a Norge next spring. If the bike is as bullet proof as the reviewers say, it should be trouble free. Besides, Guzzi has had numerous years to perfect their venerable opposed V twin. Pushrods, splash lubrication and a Guzzi pioneered shaft drive all make for a wonderful touring mount.

Back