A very remarkable adaption and rendition! The Hardley black and orange gives me pause:rolleyes: all it needs is hombre spindle wheels and a darkside rubber :D

Isn't a 'darkside rubber' one that's been discarded on the side of the road in some secluded spot where the user has consumated an illicit relationship??

This is just your speed Flip:

Even that's too fast for me. Nice mommy bags...

The first Palatina didn't do much for me after a while even though I liked it at first. This one is awesome though. I love the color, exhaust and the oil cover embellisher.

No, no, no. It's Palatina-engineered and Palatina- made from titanium. One of the things Herr Rebholz fancies doing all by himself. Granted, he farms out carbon baking and shaping to an external supplier (who works for Ferrari's Formula One Team, BTW), but, when it comes to metal artistry, he is at his best.

The interesting thing is that once he eventually master-minded that Rocket III extravagance of an exhaust system, he realized he needed to raise the seat height to make room for it. Which led to the design of the integrated, carbon rear-end structure you've seen on the pics above. Which dictated such other ergonomic changes as rearsets, a thin saddle and a flatter bar. The carbon rear body then caused other standard parts (front guard, side panels, bear claw, oil tank... ) to be discarded and replaced by carbon copies for the sake of harmony. Etc.

Jamie

there is NO doubt that the RocketIII is superior. I really do like it, the HD with superpowers +1, but my experiences tell me I must slow down. I'll let the young bucks, such as yourself, straighten-out the twist-titties. That Bike has got to be the beast in the the curves....I wish a good video were made with me supposed in the seat. I think I'd get wet.

Where is that great video link with the *******s slamming through the 8 lanes at 100+; that was a great perspective. It was totally irresponsible! But an awesome perspective.

Last edited:
No, no, no. It's Palatina-engineered and Palatina- made from titanium. One of the things Herr Rebholz fancies doing all by himself. Granted, he farms out carbon baking and shaping to an external supplier (who works for Ferrari's Formula One Team, BTW), but, when it comes to metal artistry, he is at his best.

The interesting thing is that once he eventually master-minded that Rocket III extravagance of an exhaust system, he realized he needed to raise the seat height to make room for it. Which led to the design of the integrated, carbon rear-end structure you've seen on the pics above. Which dictated such other ergonomic changes as rearsets, a thin saddle and a flatter bar. The carbon rear body then caused other standard parts (front guard, side panels, bear claw, oil tank... ) to be discarded and replaced by carbon copies for the sake of harmony. Etc.

Jamie

Thank you Jamie, that is most noteworthy. Routing the artfully crafted exhaust under a half frame and then masterfully designing a body IS what it IS. No matter the definition of IS.

Let me say that it's a nice bike but not for me. The R3 is a cruiser, better yet, a relaxed cruiser that will get with the program if need be but prefers not to. If I wanted rear sets and works suspension, I'd just go purchase the MV but that posture works when you still bend well and I don't so I'll stick with floorboards and a laid back riding posture, way more to the liking of my spine and my ass.

We all like to 'personalize' our bikes and I applaud that. That bike is just to 'personal' for me. Titanium is a difficult metal to work with. I'm completely envious of his skills.

Interestingly, I've read numerous reviews of the Guzzi Norge, a bike which I'm quite taken by. Every review praises the Norge and I'd consider one seriously if there was a dealer within 300 miles. Sadly, there isn't.

Last edited:
Back