Ozclaw on the way, what do I do with the coolant tank

I've spent the last 3/4 hours looking, trying to decide what to do to allow air as intended into the mouth of the claw, clearly I need to move/ditch the coolant expansion tank..
Not really - Mine is still in there and the filter still gets covered in all manner of blasted on grime, bugs etc.

Hi all,

I feel blessed to have an Ozclaw making its way half way around the planet.

I'm looking for a bit of inspiration. I've spent the last 3/4 hours looking, trying to decide what to do to allow air as intended into the mouth of the claw, clearly I need to move/ditch the coolant expansion tank. I've seen some, but can't figure out if I'd be better with something high, or something low but that'll siphon to be functional.

I'd like it to be inexpensive, but aesthetically pleasing.

Please inspire me, pics would be good, a link to buy your suggestion would also be awesome.
Hi all,

I feel blessed to have an Ozclaw making its way half way around the planet.

I'm looking for a bit of inspiration. I've spent the last 3/4 hours looking, trying to decide what to do to allow air as intended into the mouth of the claw, clearly I need to move/ditch the coolant expansion tank. I've seen some, but can't figure out if I'd be better with something high, or something low but that'll siphon to be functional.

I'd like it to be inexpensive, but aesthetically pleasing.

Please inspire me, pics would be good, a link to buy your suggestion would also be awesome.
Hi Baloo , my Ozclaw yet to arrive - when installed does it foul the fly screen brackets on full lock ? --- here's were I've located my replacement expansion bottle ,tight fit but seems fine !

Attachments

• 20180724_143700.jpg
    20180724_143700.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180724_143718.jpg
    20180724_143718.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20180724_144040.jpg
    20180724_144040.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 11
Hi Baloo , my Ozclaw yet to arrive - when installed does it foul the fly screen brackets on full lock ? --- here's were I've located my replacement expansion bottle ,tight fit but seems fine !
The fly screen bracket doesn't foul it, plenty of clearance there. You're not the first to ask but it must just be the way the picture looks from that angle. The indicators touch on full lock. It would be better if it was 5mm shorter in reality (Sorry Les).

I love what you've done with the expansion bottle, I'm copying

The fly screen bracket doesn't foul it, plenty of clearance there. You're not the first to ask but it must just be the way the picture looks from that angle. The indicators touch on full lock. It would be better if it was 5mm shorter in reality (Sorry Les).

I love what you've done with the expansion bottle, I'm copying
Good news - I have smaller indicators so could be okay with that -- just wait for Ozclaw to turn up and get fleeced by customs - happy days
Cheers Bri

I really wonder what I did wrong... my flyscreen bracket conflicts with the edge of the claw just barely. I've remounted the claw a few times thinking I had a funny twist in it or maybe one of the brackets themselves was wonky, no luck.

EB0492C1-C6F0-4411-8E94-E29D0EB7B60F.jpeg
E2EE00D3-D16C-498A-B283-7C0D7575AE49.jpeg
EB0492C1-C6F0-4411-8E94-E29D0EB7B60F.jpeg
Made an “L” bracket and mounted to engine case. Then mounted this coolant tank to it. Fits behind the Ozclaw and is high enough to have a bottom feed/ return to the rad for the coolant. Had to drill, tap and install an elbow at the bottom but works fine

Back