orange/amber bulb paint

charlie farley

.060 Over
Hi all ,I had some time to myself and decided to make a set of clear indicator lenses from cast acrylic rod + added an O-ring to stop the uk weather turning them into fish bowls, now I have to find bulbs ideally chrome look part number for bulb or has anybody had experience with bulb varnish as the orange nail varnish my daughters use comes out really red any suggestion's welcome .
all the best,
Charlie.
20140830_193612.jpg

To answer your question, my daughters orange nail polish turns out a little red also, however I don't mind cuz it really makes my toes stand out....:)

Give it a try. (It's only gay if you like it) So if you try it and you don't like it everything is good!!!

I found these at a local autobarn but they only had one pair. They are chrome and can't be seen through the clear lense. I'm looking for another 2. I have Narva chrome bulbs in the front but they look pink through the lense
image.jpg
image.jpg

I can get 21w in chrome with the large globe but am having difficulty finding the small globe in anything but clear i may have to try some 10w with off set pins and mod them,
RKTNMYPKT my girl's say they have some with glitter in that may match your eyes if you want i can ask the make and exact colour :p

Hi charlie,

if you fit 21W bulbs they will flash too fast due to the flasher unit's spec'. I found some 12.8W bulbs that fit and flash fine but they're clear, - as I was only looking for brighter bulbs in for my standard amber lenses.

I tried one of the so called 'electronic' flasher units that said it would work with both incandescent and LED lights as they are supposedly self-adjusting for flash rate, but they flashed too quickly when above 1000rpm and too slowly below.

Hope this helps,
Mark

Back