On a long tour & engine sputtering

I would definitely not stop the engine with the kill switch, but always with the ignition key. Stopping the motor with the kill switch is similar to stopping a computer by simply turning off the power.
Regards, Georg

I’m calling bs on that urban legend! With my keyless ( @DEcosse ) system you can only cut the engine with the kickstand or engine kill switch and you must use the engine kill switch to totally disable the ignition system.

I would definitely not stop the engine with the kill switch, but always with the ignition key. Stopping the motor with the kill switch is similar to stopping a computer by simply turning off the power.
Regards, Georg

I do not normally post when I disagree with someone on here, but this in my humble opinion is not good advice.

Get and old Android unless you have a small PC. The Androids have to run a certain version in order to run TuneECU. You can buy them used, cheap, $20 used. Shuv'm in a plastic bag with the LoneTech and store under the seat with the star tool to loosen the TPS and a 6mm wrench for the stepper.
I thought it was a 7MM. Then again that may be for the stop screw on the throttle body.

I’m calling bs on that urban legend! With my keyless ( @DEcosse ) system you can only cut the engine with the kickstand or engine kill switch and you must use the engine kill switch to totally disable the ignition system.

Page 38 of the owners manual states the Engine Stop Switch is for emergency use only. For normal operation use the key. It's actually a highlighted Caution...
-MIG

Page 38 of the owners manual states the Engine Stop Switch is for emergency use only. For normal operation use the key. It's actually a highlighted Caution...
-MIG

Yes, but if I remember correctly the kill, key and kickstand is the same circuit wired in series. But if you use either the key switch will be in the on position and kill your battery?

There is a difference between turning off the kill switch and the ignition switch. If the engine is switched off with the kill switch, then the data of the sensors (MAP sensor) are stored as it is in the situation of switching off.
When the engine is switched off via the ignition switch, the sensor data are reset and on restart the ECU goes through the normal starting process. In cases where ambient conditions such as air pressure and temperature have changed between shutdown and restart, this can be of importance to the ECU. Just my experience….
Regards, Georg

There is a difference between turning off the kill switch and the ignition switch. If the engine is switched off with the kill switch, then the data of the sensors (MAP sensor) are stored as it is in the situation of switching off.
When the engine is switched off via the ignition switch, the sensor data are reset and on restart the ECU goes through the normal starting process. In cases where ambient conditions such as air pressure and temperature have changed between shutdown and restart, this can be of importance to the ECU. Just my experience….
Regards, Georg

If that is true, I will start turning mine off at the headlamp switch. It is a little awkward but it looks kool to bystanders who later come and ask if it's a 6 cylinder bike. I have turned mine off at the handlebar switch hundreds of times without a problem. Have LED headlamps.

Back