Oil tank empty after layup

The rocket is a dry sump design so I like to start her up with a dry sump after the winter layup,but different strokes for different folks I guess.

Has anyone got a comment on this?
I laid up my 2014 roadster with 8000 miles on the clock from September 28 2017 to now, December 26 2017 and today I dipped the oil and the tank is empty. It's been standing for almost 3 months.
While I was using it even with it standing unused for 2 weeks the oil level was fine.
It has no leaks externally.
I know a check valve is supposed to keep the oil in the tank so does this usually happen when not using the bike for a few months?
Is it safe to start the engine with all the oil in the sump? Any comments welcome please.

Just an update to this subject that has probably been posted to death. I have checked the oil level every few days and now it is a month since the oil tank drained down to the sump.(I have not run bike since I refilled the tank by running the engine a month ago which pumped back the oil to the tank within a second) It seem that in 4 weeks the oil has drained from the tank about half inch making the oil drain down after 4 months standing about 2 inches. As it's so slow a drain down I suppose there is no fault so no need to replace the check valve.
It must be a normal thing to very slowly drain down. That's why Triumph state you must run engine to correctly check oil level. It all makes sense to me now.

Back