Oil pressure gauge for R3T

Hi, just my opinion but if it were me I would be standing there and watching that the Technician physically change the sender unit, instead of cleaning it up, as this second failure is too unlikely to be a coincedence. Then if it proves to be a further problem an OPG would certainly be an option worth looking into...Just a thought

Excellent point! I probably won't be able to stand there when they remove the sending unit, though, because I'm guessing that they won't get to the job right away but I'll definitely stress that I want the oil pressure sending unit replaced.

Last edited:
Excellent point! I probably won't be able to stand there when they remove the sending unit, though, because I'm guessing that they won't get to the job right away but I'll definitely stress that I want the oil pressure sending unit replaced.
Tell them you want the old part....

As I had to have another (#2) replaced just a couple of weeks ago I would have to believe they got a whole shipment of ops units that were not made to spec's.It seems like quite a few 15's have had ops failures.

As I had to have another (#2) replaced just a couple of weeks ago I would have to believe they got a whole shipment of ops units that were not made to spec's.It seems like quite a few 15's have had ops failures.

That's the way you see it when you have third party suppliers....a batch of bad stuff comes in, nobody notices, and it ends up installed on a whole fleet of product!

Tell them you want the old part....

Excellent suggestion. I'll do that. Unfortunately, I have a feeling the repair will take so long that I'll probably take the bike back. They must have 100 bikes in the repair shop waiting to be repaired and nobody was in the service department. I talked to the general manager and he said they have such a hard time finding techs. He said they only have one mechanic now and one new "kid" who's never worked on bikes. :-( And the mechanic isn't a Triumph certified mechanic!

I hate having someone else work on my stuff. Almost every problem I've ever run into is when someone else does the work. Fortunately, that's very rarely. But the bike is still under warranty. I have a feeling that I'll be telling them to just forget it when they call and give me an estimate of how long it will take. They have a whole huge room of bikes, some covered in thick dust, waiting for repairs. It doesn't look good. When I pressed the GM, he said that they may have to trailer the bike to another Triumph dealer to get it done. On top of that, the service person who promised to meet me at 9:00 never even showed up and the GM obviously knows nothing about bikes.

Thanks for the info. I seem to remember reading of others having this problem and you confirmed it.

Back