Oil leaking from chromium cap in top left side of engine?

Minderis

Standard Bore
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Touring
In this area (red circle) I see some oil (or other liquid) marks.
Question: what is covered under chromium cap? Might be some liquid leaking from this place? What it is, as I do not find any info in service manual?
triumph.jpg

Attachments

• triumph.jpg
    triumph.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 8
That chrome cap just pretties up the head bolt end. Pop it off clean the oil mess off with brake cleaner then run it it could be the back of the cam cover gasket (especially if its just been off for maintenance) theres a oil seding unit on the back of the head. And well then the head gasket.

That chrome cap just pretties up the head bolt end. Pop it off clean the oil mess off with brake cleaner then run it it could be the back of the cam cover gasket (especially if its just been off for maintenance) theres a oil seding unit on the back of the head. And well then the head gasket.
I cleaned everything with brake cleaner. And after a ride took new picture. Looks like oil leaking comes from head bolt. Does it mean I should replace cylinder head gasket?

IMG_1334.jpg

Might be but since its a outside head bolt and they are stretch bolts I would try a quater turn to a half on that bolt. Then if it still leaks I throw a new head gasket in it and make sure you get the newer style head gasket to be safe. Not working hard you should be able to do it in 8 to 12 hours depending on your mechanical experience. Oh and you can take the head off while the engine is still in the bike. I've done it 3 or 4 times.

Back