Jefflee1

.020 Over
I bought a 07 R3 classic. I was going to check the oil today. I can not seem to get the cap off. Is there a trick to getting the cap off ?

Jeff

Jeff, like Lester said you just have to twist it a little. I would also make sure you are on the bike and holding it up straight as you check the oil. From what I've heard, since it is a separate sump from the engine...ie: oil storage/supply tank, if it is a little over the max mark on the dipstick you should still be fine as it is not in direct contact with any gears where it could foam if it was too high like other bikes with a wet sump.

Dennis

OK I got it off

I didn't have to use a blow torch, but I did threaten it, and she finally gave up the fight..lol.....

Locking Oil Cap

Has anybody come up with a locking oil cap? As a new Rocket 3 touring owner I realized the vulnerability of this engine with oil reservoir exposed. Some smart ass can walk up and dump sand in my engine. Most bikes hide oil reservoir under the seat.

Has anybody come up with a locking oil cap? As a new Rocket 3 touring owner I realized the vulnerability of this engine with oil reservoir exposed. Some smart ass can walk up and dump sand in my engine. Most bikes hide oil reservoir under the seat.

What you say is true but Ive not seen a locking cap.. maybe you could drill the oil tank neck and fit a screw similar to the Rad Cap.

Back