Leaving for work soon- can anyone measure their oil stick for me starting with where it would be level with the top of the filler? In other words I need to be able to measure from the filler neck down to the correct oil levels.

I got a leak down tester and will get around to that in the next few weeks.

measure from inside cap rubber that goes to oil tank lip, seated, 3.5in to bottom line, 3.25 to high mark, 3.75 to bottom of stick, photos may not show correctly go with what i put down, picture for reference of exactly where i put ruler to measure.

Attachments

• 60C5725F-2E38-41AE-B1B0-29D0B460AB24.jpeg
    60C5725F-2E38-41AE-B1B0-29D0B460AB24.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 37A428DD-A228-4DFA-8084-72583BF79A22.jpeg
    37A428DD-A228-4DFA-8084-72583BF79A22.jpeg
    199.8 KB · Views: 10
Hermy's now says oil cap is on backorder (surprise). Here's my temporary fix in the meantime ala @TURBO200R4. If you'd like a cool looking custom plug for your oil tank too :) it's a 1 1/2" expansion plug shaved down- the 1 1/4 size is too small. I dunno, paint it black and I may just go with it.
IMG_0586.jpg

Looks good, a heathly right rocket should be good between oil changes anyway. If you look in there see oil should be the exact same 5.5qts you put in at oil change. If adding oil theres a problem.

measure from inside cap rubber that goes to oil tank lip, seated, 3.5in to bottom line, 3.25 to high mark, 3.75 to bottom of stick, photos may not show correctly go with what i put down, picture for reference of exactly where i put ruler to measure.

mines a little longer than :laugh: yours

Looks good, a heathly right rocket should be good between oil changes anyway. If you look in there see oil should be the exact same 5.5qts you put in at oil change. If adding oil theres a problem.
Nope, haven't been having to add oil, but a tad worried if I might have lost some when the cap went south. But, the oil tank was pretty clean, so I think it had just happened when I noticed it, or there'd have been oil everywhere.

I know you guys have just been on pins and needles about my oil cap drama, so I thought I'd give you a live update. My new cap just came in from Engle Motors (good price and fast shipping). Although I was starting to get attached to my expansion plug, I decided to go with the new one so I'd have a way to read the oil level, which is still good, btw. So, when I went to seat the new cap I noticed that it was much tighter than my old one- I was surprised at the difference. Although I have the leak down tool on standby for when I get some time, I'm feeling pretty confident that a fairly loose fitting cap and a clogged breather hose filter were the source of my problems. Thanks, now back to your regularly scheduled programs...

Back