OEM Right Exhaust Bent Up?

buddazero

.060 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster 2018
Hello,

I have a Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster 2018, and sometime last year I was involved in a Hit & Run, I tried to solve "the case" but the cops were useless; by the time they got to the police cameras (2 months later) the footage was already recorded over. All that said, the right side exhaust was more up but it didn't do anything bad to the bike, except rub at the bottom of the Viking Bag at the bottom; but during that time I had ordered Paul's full exhaust system and the exhaust wasn't a problem since I wasn't using the OEM Muffler, but I'm selling Paul's full header dual muffler exhaust system now, details in link below, if you want to buy (headers are coated from Jet Hot):

Since I've gone back to the original OEM exhaust, I can't help but try to investigate what's causing the Exhaust to bend up. I think its the muffler itself but I can't be sure; and I don't want to purchase the original OEM Right Side Exhaust if I'm wrong. Reason why I want to fix it now it because I'm getting new saddle bags, and I'm afraid the exhaust will be literally on the bottom of the bag, causing problems. I took pictures of the exhaust on and off the bike. I'm having a hard time find the issue because all the holes and bolts still line up perfectly.

Does anyone have any idea what's causing the right side exhaust to move up?

Attachments

• IMG_3989.jpg
    IMG_3989.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3990.jpg
    IMG_3990.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3992.jpg
    IMG_3992.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3995.jpg
    IMG_3995.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3997.jpg
    IMG_3997.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_3998.jpg
    IMG_3998.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3999.jpg
    IMG_3999.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4002.jpg
    IMG_4002.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4003.jpg
    IMG_4003.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4007.jpg
    IMG_4007.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 18
Hello,

I have a Triumph Rocket 3 Roadster 2018, and sometime last year I was involved in a Hit & Run, I tried to solve "the case" but the cops were useless; by the time they got to the police cameras (2 months later) the footage was already recorded over. All that said, the right side exhaust was more up but it didn't do anything bad to the bike, except rub at the bottom of the Viking Bag at the bottom; but during that time I had ordered Paul's full exhaust system and the exhaust wasn't a problem since I wasn't using the OEM Muffler, but I'm selling Paul's full header dual muffler exhaust system now, details in link below, if you want to buy (headers are coated from Jet Hot):

Since I've gone back to the original OEM exhaust, I can't help but try to investigate what's causing the Exhaust to bend up. I think its the muffler itself but I can't be sure; and I don't want to purchase the original OEM Right Side Exhaust if I'm wrong. Reason why I want to fix it now it because I'm getting new saddle bags, and I'm afraid the exhaust will be literally on the bottom of the bag, causing problems. I took pictures of the exhaust on and off the bike. I'm having a hard time find the issue because all the holes and bolts still line up perfectly.

Does anyone have any idea what's causing the right side exhaust to move up?
Hard to tell from the pics, but maybe it's the internal exhaust gasket....looks a bit squashed on one side 🤔

Hard to tell from the pics, but maybe it's the internal exhaust gasket....looks a bit squashed on one side 🤔

Internal Exhaust Gasket? So you mean the front end of the muffler by itself (circled in the picture)? That was my theory, but I would need a picture of a undamaged muffler and confirm it.

I believe that when the car hit me from the rear, the muffler went forward and did squash.

Attachments

• IMG_4003.jpg
    IMG_4003.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 8
Internal Exhaust Gasket? So you mean the front end of the muffler by itself (circled in the picture)? That was my theory, but I would need a picture of a undamaged muffler and confirm it.

I believe that when the car hit me from the rear, the muffler went forward and did squash.
No the gasket in pic, it is easy squashed when it's out of the pipe, maybe it got squashed to one side on the impact & when you now tighten it with the clamp it goes at a different angle...

Attachments

• 20211111_191440.jpg
    20211111_191440.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 11
No the gasket in pic, it is easy squashed when it's out of the pipe, maybe it got squashed to one side on the impact & when you now tighten it with the clamp it goes at

No the gasket in pic, it is easy squashed when it's out of the pipe, maybe it got squashed to one side on the impact & when you now tighten it with the clamp it goes at a different angle...
Part number T2208419 if it's that...

Part number T2208419 if it's that...
I just checked, that is the correct part number.

So, I've recently taken apart my exhaust system, including the headers and put it all back together, so I'm more familiar with my bike, however I'm still learning.
Are you saying that something so small like the gasket that goes into the muffler can cause it to go up significantly? (Again, I'm still learning about bikes I'm just asking out of curiosity brotha).

When I put the right side exhaust back on everything lines up perfectly, bolts and holes, as if nothing's wrong, but the right side muffler is up by like a few inches, and you can tell from the picture. But I'll pay 15 bucks for a part to find out instead of $690 for a OEM right side muffler.

When the car rear ended me, the rear fender was bent, so I had to unfold it, got a new tail light and undented the rear fender. But everything else was fine. I thought the frame of the bike maybe was bent cause of my paranoia but I can't find anything sense all the holes line up, so maybe it is the gasket as you said. And I've been riding it since last year, 6000 miles later.

my guess would be that the l-shaped black bracket that connect the exhaust to the frame has bend, the bracket itself would prevent the exhaust from being at another other angle other then that bracket is dictating. Either that or the 2 lips(?) on the exhaust that connect to that bracket have been bent,

I just checked, that is the correct part number.

So, I've recently taken apart my exhaust system, including the headers and put it all back together, so I'm more familiar with my bike, however I'm still learning.
Are you saying that something so small like the gasket that goes into the muffler can cause it to go up significantly? (Again, I'm still learning about bikes I'm just asking out of curiosity brotha).

When I put the right side exhaust back on everything lines up perfectly, bolts and holes, as if nothing's wrong, but the right side muffler is up by like a few inches, and you can tell from the picture. But I'll pay 15 bucks for a part to find out instead of $690 for a OEM right side muffler.

When the car rear ended me, the rear fender was bent, so I had to unfold it, got a new tail light and undented the rear fender. But everything else was fine. I thought the frame of the bike maybe was bent cause of my paranoia but I can't find anything sense all the holes line up, so maybe it is the gasket as you said. And I've been riding it since last year, 6000 miles later.
Another theory could be the actual frame mounting in pic. (Exhaust & footpeg mount)
I remember now buying a second hand frame and it was bent there. I used a sledge hammer to bend it back in place.
Probably not that but something to check. Stand at the back of bike & eye whether the mounts on either side are the same distance from the wheel, also check & measure the height.

Attachments

• 20211112_042400.jpg
    20211112_042400.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 8
Back