Number of Rockets on the Street, USA, Worldwide

mcather

Supercharged
Ride
08 GL1800, 13 R3T, 80 LTD 1000, 70 BSA Lightning
I was wondering what sales have been for the various Rockets over the years.
I see 1 or 2 a week around Omaha, but there are 3 dealers within 50 miles here.
How would one get the figures?

I was wondering what sales have been for the various Rockets over the years.
I see 1 or 2 a week around Omaha, but there are 3 dealers within 50 miles here.
How would one get the figures?
here is what they did last year, based on my local dealer they sell less than 5% of all Triumphs as Rockets, taking that in consideration then it would be about 2500 Rockets a year...

Triumph Motorcycles has just announced it has sold more than 50,000 bikes with more than 85% of them exported worldwide.

This is the first time since John Bloor resurrected the company in 1983, that Triumph has achieved such high sales figures. In total, Triumph sold 52,089 bikes in its last financial year (July 2012 – June 2013), up from 48,957 the previous year.

The 111-year-old company also made a record turnover of $603 million, an increase of 7.6% over 2011-2012 figures. However, Triumph posted an operating loss of $155,000 down from $24.6 million. The company attributed this change to international exchange rates and the costs of Triumph moving into new markets.

Earlier this year, Triumph opened an assembly plant in Brazil this year and another in Manesar, India to produce the new Triumph 250 Daytona models.

Triumph also operates three factories in Thailand, which accounted for 61 percent of the company’s latest overall annual turnover.

A Triumph spokesman said: “Triumph Motorcycles has achieved a record turnover, reflecting a rise in sales. During the 12 months to November, the company’s global share of the 500cc and above market has increased to 6 percent from 5.7 percent.

“In the UK, during 2013, Triumph has continued to maintain its market position as the top seller of motorcycles over 500cc, retaining a 20 percent market share.

“Triumph has also achieved a 3.4 percent share in Brazil in our first year selling in the 500cc and above market.”

Triumph is currently looking for further sales expansion and has announced it will begin to start selling motorcycles in China and Indonesia in the near future.

Thanks. I would say the new Daytona series in India will go over well.

Yes, I also have been spotting a number of rockets this year here in Georgia. Had a strange encounter with a fellow I saw at a 7 and 11 store who was rocket owner so I whip it in the parking lot to have a chat. First person I had seen riding a rocket since I bought mine back 7 or 8 months ago, so I was looking forward to it, but the guy acted like he did not want to talk. Almost an a-hole I would think. told him about the site we are all on here .Never heard about he said. I'll will just look the other way if I run into him again.

That is odd. Most guys want to yap about their bikes, especially if the bikes are not so common.

maybe he borrowed it without first gaining the lawful owner's permission...just trying to be politically correct here.

Yes, thank you. Also my thoughts as well. Perhaps a bad day with the spouse. Who knows.

Seems like a lot of cops or ex-cops ride Rockets in the States .. all the stars and planets have to be lined up to meet a friendly cop , in my experience anyway.

Back