Not such a good x-mas present

Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
Hi all. Hope you had a merry x-mas. I found out shortly before x-mas my cancer (Hodgkin's Lymphoma) has returned after a 15 year hiatus. I had radiation the first around. I can't have anymore of that, so it will be chemo this time. It's one of the heavier duty chemo drugs so I'll lose my hair. I guess they have some pretty good drugs out there for nausea now. Pot is not an option with the company I work for. Doesn't interest me anyway. Never cared for the paranoia. Anyway, I'm staying totally positive. I view this more as a nuisance than anything. I still have better than a 90% chance at a cure. The chemo will last 6 months. I guess the real beat down occurs towards the end, so I don't know yet if Maggie Valley is out (I hope not !). Not looking for pity or horror stories. Just hoping to be in your prayers. Fred

Sorry to hear that Fred but I know you will beat it again just think positive and we will be praying for you and will see you in MV in spring

Fred, that is bad news!!
The way i see it, if you beat it once you can do it again!
Will be praying for you and will see you at MV!:)

I am very sorry to hear this...you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

Not to make light of a bad situation but 90% chance of recovery is pretty **** good odds! I'd like to say I'll see you at M.V. but its to **** far for me to go on my limited vacation time, but I'll be there with you in spirit!
Jim

Crap chrissy present Fred!!! but take solace in knowing we are all rooting for the soon to be Bald (better looking) Guy that Ain't gonna give up with out a fight and we will All Have You in our thoughts, also as others have said 90% are pretty good odd's, I am not a praying kinda guy but a big believer in Karma and you have put plenty of good karma out there before so I will send you some and if every body else whose lives you have touched send you some Good Karma ... then I am sure you will have it beaten already!!! Mate, o'l Pal, Buddy and not to forget Brother.
We are All Thinking of You Fred, you are in our hearts :)

Back