no power to clocks

big ned

.020 Over
Ride
2011 roadster
hi folks
having a bit of a nightmare,i,ve got a 2011 roadster. i can get no power to clocks or starter, have looked at severly of the posts on here and can,t find the solution
HELP please
headlights come on, horn works indicators work, alarm seems to be working (thats the only light on the clocks that is working is the alarm icon), just fitted new battery and showing 12.5 volts. no sweep of the clocks or illumiation. high beam light dosn,t work, indicator light dosn,t work, no millage or clock showing
things i,ve tried
plug from igntion switch
earth continuity tested and seem fine
realys swaped round with headlights and all work
general wiggle test and all plugs split and checked
kill switch works
fuses all checked
tried crossing power from fuse 5-2 and 5-9 and 2-9
all fuses have power
any suggestion muchly appreciated
cheers Ned

Kill switch?
kill switch is doing what it supposed to with alarm so ruled that out.
finally got drivers sorted for tune ecu so had a go with that and i,ve got a fault code P1690 malfunction of can-bus communication, so will do pin tests tomorrow.
pi**ed off tho was supposed to be leaving this am for 10 days trip round scotland including 2 rallies!
fe**in bikes who would have them !!

Kill switch was what i was thinking also but maybe double check you if you have any other earth wires that go on the negative battery post, also its not in gear with the side stand down... hope you get it sorted

Disconnect the battery for a period - say 1 hour then reconnect and see what happens

Check the 30 amp fuse connectors in the fuse box. I had the same problem on my Roadster and found out the connectors was pushing out the bottom of the fuse box and not making contact with the fuse. I by passed the fuse box altogether and installed a in line fuse holder for the 30 amp fuse. Hadn't had a problem with it since. This might not be your problem but its worth a look. The Triumph fuse box is not really well built.

Bussmann In-Line Fuse Holder for ATC Fuses BP/HHD-30-RP: Advance Auto Parts

Plus 1 on the fuse box. I had to add solder to the legs on the 30 amp fuses to make them a little wider as they weren't solid contacts.

the sweeping of the gauges has nothing to do with the ecu.
sounds to me like you need to pull the alarm connector and put back the original connector plug. so as to eliminate the alarm as the problem.
would try that but alarm was dealer fitted and i don,t have the eliminator plug to put back in. does anybody know which posts on the plug you need to bridge to eliminate alarm ?

Kill switch was what i was thinking also but maybe double check you if you have any other earth wires that go on the negative battery post, also its not in gear with the side stand down... hope you get it sorted
yeah been caught out with that before but even if that was the case you still get the sweep of the clocks but nothing on starter switch but its out of gear nd stand up

Back