No power, stalling and hard start

Here you go
CIMG1906.jpg

Wow. I know looks can be deceiving -- from that photo it almost appears there would be a bunch of fuel remaining when the pump sucks air.

I think the actual pickup is in the very back. I ran out of fuel recently and as long as i was accelerating shed run, but if i let of it would start to die. Wound up having to push her the last 1/4 mile, but that's another story.

In the picture the silver part with the triumph logo on it is the fuel filter . Lift the tank and you'll see a plate ringed with screws. All the stuff you can see in warps picture is attached to that plate. When you pull it out, be very careful as that little black float will catch and get all bent up, and your low fuel light will be on all the time and you'll end up pushing your bike a1/4 mile. :banghead:

OK Warp, you gotta explain that pic!
Its just a cut away view of the fuel tank showing the location of the innards ie
Fuel filter and internal fuel regulator and fuel level float plus sending unit. The fuel pump not shown is to the left of the filter and the pick up screen is in the rear bottom of the tank. The whole unit comes out the bottom of the tank via the oval portal.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back