No power, stalling and hard start

Shadetreesuregon

.020 Over
Hey guys, got a pretty big problem here. Just got my bike back from being worked on after I was rear ended and now I've got issues....

Ran fine at first, then it started hesitating under power between 1500 and 4000 rpm. The problem has gotten worse to the point where it will sputter as soon as I give it gas and barely move. It acts normal once you get it above 4000. Also starts hard and idles low and rough. I'd appreciate any feedback so very much. In a pretty frustrated mood considering I just got the thing. It's a 2006 with just over 10,000 miles on it

A faulty TPS can cause these symptoms, I would suggest looking at the fuel delivery system as well. Spark plugs and coils should be checked. Vacuum hoses and maybe the crank angle sensor cleaned.

Everything Goth has said plus check the low tension wiring on the coils. Occasionally these need to be crimped a bit tighter. Is the MIL (check engine light) on. I'd put my money on the TPS especially on a low mileage early bike.

All of the above!!!!
First start with low tension leads to coils and check plugs and plug wires. the move to the TPS do a full ISCV reset. Also check to make sure the fuel pump harness is pluged in firmly and not vibrating giving on off contact to the fuel pump. Then we can go from there.

Thanks for all the tips! This morning it would not even start at all, cranked fine though. I cleaned the crank sensor but it didn't help, unfortunately that's about as far as I can get here at my house.

Ill be bringing it into my friends shop on Tuesday to check out the other stuff. Ill update as I go along. Thanks again!!

I was about a 1/4 way through a fresh tank, I was worried at first that it might be bad gas, I put fresh gas and octane booster in it but the problem did not change.

Hey guys, got a pretty big problem here. Just got my bike back from being worked on after I was rear ended and now I've got issues....

Ran fine at first, then it started hesitating under power between 1500 and 4000 rpm. The problem has gotten worse to the point where it will sputter as soon as I give it gas and barely move. It acts normal once you get it above 4000. Also starts hard and idles low and rough. I'd appreciate any feedback so very much. In a pretty frustrated mood considering I just got the thing. It's a 2006 with just over 10,000 miles on it

If this is a Harley your talking about it sounds perfectly normal, although 10,000 miles on an 06' does seem like a lot ;)

Back