New Zard Pipe for the 2500cc

Zard pipes are generally lookers, but they are traditionally also hyper-expensive. And more form than function - Zard is not exactly renowned for performance pipes. One might just as well wait and see what Akrapovič will bring to the table. It will undoubtedly be costly too, but it will offer both form AND function.

And let's not forget Zard's fellow Italians, Arrow Exhaust. Not exactly my favourite, but consistently probably the best-bang-for-the-buck in motorcycle exhausts.

Akrapovič and Arrow will almost certainly also offer full versions a bit later, featuring headers as well.

I agree that spending $$$ for a couple of HPs isn’t very rational at my income level. On the other hand, spending $$$ for something that looks a little cooler and sounds a little meaner is also not very smart, but I’ve done it.
For my R3, I’d mainly be looking to shed weight. I already like the way it looks and sounds with the OEM exhaust. If I can drop 20lbs, and it still looks as good, I’d be interested (but not for $2k).
Drop the cat box. It’s 20lbs about!

I still think the boys did a great job on my exhaust retaining the stock look but getting rid of the cat and bigger outlet pipes...sounds the bees nut!!
I agree best option if you have the man to do it. Cost? Weight savings? Do you have. A db mic to measure at 3000rpm?

cost me $NZ1400....saved maybe 4kg in weight...dont have the means to do the decibel thing.
I haven't checked in a while and much too lazy to do it now but if you have an Iphone there are a few Apple Decibel download apps you can get for free or a few bucks. I might look and download one myself.

Back