New Zard Pipe for the 2500cc

PS and during certain race-days the police will setup control posts to measure the noise. If you do not have a stock exhaust and it's louder then the legal limit...you're f...and could be walking home

Legal reasons, certain law in Europe regarding load pipes are getting stricter and stricter. I think the limit is 77dB at the moment (euro5). Certain roads in Austria are now even closed for certain motors independent of their exhaust because of the noise. If you own any of the follow motors then those routes are closed for you even with stock exhausts

Aprilia
RSV4 1100 Factory
TSV4 1000 RR
Tuono V4 Factory
Tuono V4 1100 RR

Ducati
Diavel 1260
Hypermotard 950
Supersport
Multistrada 1260
Multistrada 1260 Enduro
Multistrada V4
Panigale V2
Panigale V4
Panigale V4R
Streetfighter V4(S)

Harley-Davidson
Iron 1200
Sportster 1200 Custom
Forty-Eight
Superlow
Roadster
FXDR 114

Honda
CBR650R
CB1000R
CBR1000RR (SP, SP1, SP2)

Indian
111 en 116 modellen

Kawasaki
Z900
Ninja ZX10(R, RR, SE)
Ninja H2

KTM
Duke 890

MV Agusta
Brutale 800 (alle versies)
F3 800
Superveloce 800
Brutale 1000
Rush 1000

Suzuki
GSX-R 1000 RR
Katana
GSX-S 1000(S en F)

Triumph
Bonneville Bobber
Daytona 765 (LE)
Rocket 3
Thruxton TFC
Street Triple R/RS
Tiger 1200

Yamaha
YZF-R1 (M)
YZF-R6
I fully appreciate Euro-5 constraints, and I fully agree with you that fitting aftermarket pipes might be an issue in several European countries already today- certainly also in Germany. These rules do not quite apply elsewhere yet - certainly not in South Africa. And perhaps not in the US, Oz, NZ and even the UK, just yet.

As it stands, the OEM exhaust on the new Rocket is not too shabby. It looks good, it sounds reasonable, although softish, and it does not constrain performance. So, again, why spend a fortune for a Euro5 homologated Zard if it hardly sounds better than the OEM exhaust and does not vastly outperform it? Just because it looks good? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, as always. And to me, my Werkes pipe will do just fine till Akrapovič brings theirs to market. And if they do not, the Werkes will remain to be just fine.

If Zard wished to, they could sell both homologated and non-homologated Products. And they will not be the first either. But why would they? They sell art.

I love the sound of the Comp Werks, but I want an exhaust that preserves the 3 pipe on the left. I really couldn't care less about more power or improved performance as long as it looks and sounds good and doesn't break the bank.
The Zard pipe only check the good looks box, except for lack of the left sided pipes, and way way too expensive for my taste, plus doesn't nearly come close to the sound I would want.
Until something comes up, I'll have to contend with the OEM exhaust which looks great, but sound needs to be amplified.

But the Zard pipe by far looks best in the aftermarket.

That much money for just a slip on muffler? I guess that’s why they call it your money and my money. I actually like the sound on my stock TFC but it does have Arrow mufflers.

That much money for just a slip on muffler? I guess that’s why they call it your money and my money. I actually like the sound on my stock TFC but it does have Arrow mufflers.
Arrow badging I do believe. Correct me if I am wrong, please, but elsewhere people have said the pipe is the same, save for the arrow badge and carbon appliqué.

Back