New to Forum with a beautiful 2022 Limited edition Triumph Rocket 3 GT- Anyone else have this problem?

XgeorgeXP

Standard Bore
Ride
2022 Triumph Rocket 3 GT
Hello everyone, I was lucky to be able to buy a 2022 Triumph Rocket 3 GT from cycles 128 in Beverly MA. Great dealership, took amazing care of me and Roger the salesman know the bikes up and down and provided the best purchase experience I've had buying motorcycles. On or about the 5th day of riding I notice about a one 1.5 inch scratch on the left side of the tank above where my jacket could ever touch the paint. I've never parked the bike and been away from it and its always garaged/locked away. Next ride I look at the scratch and its now 3 times bigger and moving in a weird random pattern. At first I thought I must have leaned on the bike inadvertently but now as the scratch is now over 7 inches long I know for sure Its not me or anyone else. I showed this to my wife who has a lot of experience with boats and painting boats and first thing she said is "Oh yes, looks like a stress crack in the paint." So the million dollar question is---Is anyone else having this issue with the same 2022 Limited edition black GT? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

BTW- Bike is amazing and will post more about it once I get to the bottom of this.

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 140
  • unnamed-2.jpg
    unnamed-2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 135
I don't think that is a stress fracture of the paint. First off, if it was stress related, the paint would appear to crack. That looks like it's been scratched with something, especially looking at the bottom of the 2nd pic where there appears to be a loop made at the end of the scratch. I don't think you will ever see that with stress cracking??? Do you park the bike outside for any length of time? That looks like someone "keyed" your tank with a sharp object. Anybody you know jealous of your new purchase? That would really p_ss me off....

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Hello @XgeorgeXP and welcome from Virginia.
That does look more like a deliberate scratch than a stress facture. Do let us know what comes from this.

Welcome to the mad house👍
It surely looks as some jealous wanker scratch your baby 🤬
Hope you find him/her and you give a piece of your mind.

WELCOME! from Miami, Fl... sorry to hear about your paint issue. Hopefully you get it sorted and <censored comment referencing the true definition of stress...> In the meantime, Enjoy your new Perma-Grin :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

Back