New seat = new handling

Wish I could sit about an inch lower on my Touring. But right now it's not so bad to be worth the trouble and $ with the stock seat.
I had the same ideas on the seat on my R3T. I found the Corbin seat did the lower 3/4" and back 1". Not a lot of difference until your riding all day.

Thanks for the info. I'd just like to be able to sit flat footed at the stop signs and lights.
I'll have to look into those!!

I rather like the Roadster seat myself honestly. Glad it suits you, it's kind of fun feeling it compress under you with all the torque :p

I agree, I like the stock Roadster seat, for me its comfortable, the perfect height and I'm only 5'9". There was a later comment about getting the big Rocket to lean, which I find puzzling because these bikes seem to want to lean very naturally without having to muscle them. With just a light push on the bars my Roadster goes into a lean and the **** thing wants to keep leaning further, so much that is no real challenge to scrap the pegs. It's kinda ridiculous really, lol, fun ridiculous.

Thanks for the info. I'd just like to be able to sit flat footed at the stop signs and lights.
I'll have to look into those!!
My reason was I seemed to set high on the cycle. Very similar to my HD Road King. I'm 6'2" and setting flat footed didn't cause an issue. But setting lower helps with the wind and allows the wife to see better from the rear seat.

Sitting in the bike looks cool
Sitting on top of the bike not so cool.

Sitting higher on the seat , only really helps the handling in competition style slow riding for the riding we do not so much, a few years ago we had the HD police training course at the local college where i teach the MSF courses I let one of the police guys try my 2005 rocket on the course after a few minutes he said he expected it to be worse but it can not handle slow tight turns like a Harley.
Harleys have always been good at slow.

Hey, Harley owners are living " A way of life ". The last time I was in our local dealership the sales manager reminded me that "owning a new Harley is different from owning a Rocket." When I pushed the subject, he explained the " Harley family live the dream". Wow, am I missing something?

Hey, Harley owners are living " A way of life ". The last time I was in our local dealership the sales manager reminded me that "owning a new Harley is different from owning a Rocket." When I pushed the subject, he explained the " Harley family live the dream". Wow, am I missing something?

Yah.... they're dreaming of riding a ROCKET.....

Back