New seat = new handling

RacerX74

06 R3
Ride
The Mighty Triumph Rocket lll (06)
I just fitted a 2014 model seat to my 2006 and wow what a difference in handling .

The seat raises me up about 10-12 mm so the bars felt a little low so I tweaked them forward about 5-6 degrees as well

Turns Sooooooooo much better now and this new postion the new seat are super super comfy as well

Maybe MotoGP riders aren't full of sh*t

Result ;)

upload_2018-8-5_20-1-23.png

Never had a problem with the stock seat on the X. I am thinking about getting it upholstered. Black synthetic Snake skin. Got a guy in Nevada working with me on this. :sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

The stock Triumph seats have you sitting up on the bike get an aftermarket seat that brings you down into the bike then you will really notice a difference in handling.
I'm thinking its the other way around with your weight a little raised up you have more leverage to influence those big heavy R3 gyroscopes that just want so straight

Sitting in the bike looks cool
Sitting on top of the bike not so cool.

Sitting higher on the seat , only really helps the handling in competition style slow riding for the riding we do not so much, a few years ago we had the HD police training course at the local college where i teach the MSF courses I let one of the police guys try my 2005 rocket on the course after a few minutes he said he expected it to be worse but it can not handle slow tight turns like a Harley.

Wish I could sit about an inch lower on my Touring. But right now it's not so bad to be worth the trouble and $ with the stock seat.

Back