Same little nuance with my '07, too, though I don't "float" the clutch as it would seem many people do. I grew up on bikes, three-wheelers (the off-road kind), and still own a couple of high-performance racing-type ATVs (heavily modded Raptor 660 and YFZ450). The trick I use is to kick it into gear immediately after the clutch is disengaged, before the tranny gears have completely stopped. Took a couple times to get to where it wouldn't slam things around, but it works every time.

All this, but I'm not saying my way is better. Go with what works for you.

Oh, and after a mere 230 miles, it's already smoothing out nicely.

Last edited:
I'm having a b1tch of a time finding 4T oil. No one local, including Yamaha and major auto parts dealer have it. I'll have to go to the T dealer :( Wally World was carrying it...but not today.

R:

There are alternatives as you are aware of. Sounds like you are like Pig, me and quite a few others that do the interm (5K) changeout and filter though in your case it's a Scotts and mine is a Wix. You could always opt for the Amsoil which seems to be sold everywhere now, even Murrays discount emporium. I certainly don't want to get into the old oil stinkeroo, besides, this isn't the appropriate forum anyway. At Smashville I'll be inspecting your Scotts close up and personal, probably laying in the parking lot looking up at it and the sump plate.:D

Back