New recall tune - what to do ?

Damd8279

.040 Over
This is for anyone to answer who has taken up the new tune after the recall notice:

Lets firstly assume that the new tune is only to raise the idle RPM (although I cant get anyone to confirm that) and this is the reason I am so so so hesitant in taking the new tune for fear of then upsetting my PCIII dyno tuned custom map, but anyway:

Do we know if they have only released this new tune fix for the base ECU map or all of the other 3-4 Triumph base maps, ie. for performance exhaust, cat box removed, etc ?

I have to go in to get my "surging" or "hunting" problem looked at for cruising speed and they keep pushing me to get the recall tune loaded "WILL FIX WORLD HUNGER" they might as well say cause it seems to be the answer to everything.

I no longer have any idle problems after manually raising the RPM to around 900 from a previous thread but need this other problem looked at ?

SHOULD WE TAKE THIS NEW TUNE OR IGNORE THEM, WHAT WAS YOUR TRIUMPH BASE TUNE TO BEGIN WITH, WHATS YOUR EXPERIENCE AFTER THE UPLOAD ?

I have been waiting for Wayne from Tuneboy to post the newest tunes to take a look. But the last ones had identical fuel and ignition as previous tunes just idle was set higher. If you have to load the new tune, make sure it is the equivalent to the one that was loaded with you did your dyno tune. As long as the fuel tables are the same from tune to tune you will be good with your PCIII.

I have taken fuel and ignition tables from older version custom tunes that Wayne has created and pasted them into a new stock tune without any problems.

ALSO: can I assume that if your idle is already lifted to higher than the new tune (by the previous forum fix of tweeking the throttle stop in a little) that you will see no change OR will it in fact add to that ?

This was posted at trat.net.

Latest update My dealer has contacted Triumph and they have had several others who have the new download with the same problem .They work great 95% of the time but kick up to 2K every now and then for know apparent reason. I think at this time I would wait to do the new upload until they get it fixed. Know need to have to do it again.

Seems that after the new tune was loaded the bike experienced problems with high idle.

Got the new tune done last week ,it raised the idle speed on my bike from about 3-4hundred to 7-800, only done 300mls since but have had no problems.The tune must be for all bikes, mine has a 3 into 4 system with no cat. :)

Got the new tune done last week ,it raised the idle speed on my bike from about 3-4hundred to 7-800, only done 300mls since but have had no problems.The tune must be for all bikes, mine has a 3 into 4 system with no cat. :)
3 to 1 to 4 sounds quite different. I'd like to see several pictures.

Back