New recall tune - what to do ?

I took it into the dealer this morning to get them to look at my minor blip when cruising, gave them express instructions not to load the 386 Recall tune, what do you know - they did it anyway because "Triumph said they have to"......they must have forgotten thats its my bike ! Just stopped short of jumping across the counter and puttin the guy on his arse !

Firstly they loaded the wrong base tune and the bike ran like a dog (I have my PCIII map set-up to run on top of the stock map, they loaded a/mkt pipe, no-cat, one). That sorted out, I then preceeded to ride home & 3 mins down the road the idle starts to hang at 2000 rpm and sit there, have to turn it off to stop it - SAME PROBLEM AS MOST OTHERS after this load. Rode back (nearly putting it through the workshop doors) and went bannanas at them for adding a new problem. They decided to have a look at it for me because "no-one else has ever had that problem" (bull****)

Now to add insult to injury, they say that they can not / will not run the diagnostics until I put my O2 sensor back in and unplug the Dynojet O2 eliminator - gives false readings without that sensor input also (doubt it that much).

Proceed home (hanging on 2000 rpm about 20 times, running average)
- pull out the old O2 sensor - 4 inches to short to reach the Jardines input socket !
- try to undo the blank in the socket - no hope, fused in the with the heat, round the allen key !

Now bloody what to do, they wont look at it, idle hangs, probably need another dyno run......Triumph **** me !
:mad:

What is the website for obtaining a TuneBoy? My Rocket is in dire need of something that will again make it rideable........

Well I'm all sorted again and she is running sweet. After my major rant on this forum last week, I calmed down, then went back and had a little discussion with the Manager at my dealership.
They went over it (without me having to put the O2 sensor back in), made an adjustment to the stepper and the secondary TPS which stopped the 2000rpm hangup. I had it dyno tuned again on Friday and now its running perfect again.

Funny thing was that the new dyno map is very different through the midrange to the old one without any physical changes to the bike setup EXCEPT for the 386 recall tune - if this is the same but with idle adjustment only, then why so different. Anyway I'm happy again and its probably running better than ever.....keep my fingers crossed.

Back