New Rear Shock suggestions

Hey everyone-happy new year (is it too late to say that now...)! So far ive been riding the rocket iii roadster close to a year, its such an amazing machine. Even though its amazing, i feel every single bump on the road from time to time. Granted i was 378 lbs when i got, i lost 54 pounds and counting down, BUT I would still like to change the shocks. Im unfamiliar with the "science" of bikes, but i learn as i go.

I looked at an old fourm, someone mentioned Wildber shocks. Where do you look for shocks for the rocket, and what specifications should i be searching for in particular? Any help is much appreciated.

Please & Thank you!
Ikon will build for you, brass bushings, and springs for your weight. About 600 usd. I’ve ordered a set and will post a review once I get on. I’m a heavy fella so we will see

I have changed a few out but the best ones I found are the Fournales.
I have all my pressers for when Im loaded right up for long rides or when I have no load.
The best thing the pump fits under the seat if you need to adjust it if need be.
I did a 9000km ride recently to Darwin with the war lord (miss) and also my 12lt fuel tank
on the back that pumps fuel the main tank.
Also 32kg of luggage
Im 110kg and the cook 54kg
once I had it set right on it didn't bottom out once.
And I wasent going slow either

Looks and sounds lovely, thank you!

OK, I took the Rocket for its first ride today with the new YSS shocks.

They're really hard. Much harder than the stock shocks. I'm going to have to dial the preload off quite a bit. Static sag is only about 10-15mm which is way too little.

I'm 110kgs so not a lightweight either.

The damping is much more controlled than the stock shocks so at least that's a plus. I may need to back the rebound off a bit too. There's no wallowing after bumps at all the way the stockers did. It dips and recovers, that's it.

So adjustment is required but they seem to be headed in the right direction.

If backing off the preload isn't enough, I'll have to have softer springs fitted to them.

The extra height in them does seem to assist turning into corners. It does feel sharper. But with being so hard in the rear (ooh, err), any bump in the corners makes the rear end jump around which is not confidence inspiring when you're having a proper go.

Will update you once I make the changes and take it out for a ride.

Back