New R3R owner in SE Michigan

Man, that does not seem in line with what I experienced yesterday. I never even saw 5th gear. I was cruising in 3rd at around 3.5K and 60mph. (If I remember correctly). When I got on the expressway, I hit 4th at around 75-80mph.

I don't have the Roadster, but I definitely would be in 5th gear by the time I hit 60 MPH. I wouldn't be cruising in 3rd. If your hauling butt to pass 60 to 85 in 4th is a real go getter, but for normal riding at highway speed, again, I would be in 5th. Here is a chart I posted for the R3T showing RPM relative to speed in MPH in 5th gear if your interested. I don't have a tach, so I worked this out from a variety of information that forum members provided me. 62 seemed to be the most accurate reference point. I would be interested in knowing if it holds pretty true for the Roadster as well.

image.jpg

I don't have the Roadster, but I definitely would be in 5th gear by the time I hit 60 MPH. I wouldn't be cruising in 3rd. If your hauling butt to pass 60 to 85 in 4th is a real go getter, but for normal riding at highway speed, again, I would be in 5th. Here is a chart I posted for the R3T showing RPM relative to speed in MPH in 5th gear if your interested. I don't have a tach, so I worked this out from a variety of information that forum members provided me. 62 seemed to be the most accurate reference point. I would be interested in knowing if it holds pretty true for the Roadster as well.

image.jpg
Thanks! You're in Michigan too, so you know the weather is about to get $#%tty again. When it warms up again, I will try to really get accurate info. I'm brand spanking new to this R3 experience, maybe I'm over thinking. Just want to treat her right. 2.5K-3.5K "feels" right to me. Anything below feels like lugging, and anything above feels like it's working too hard. Again, probably over analyzing this.

Hello Flopper and welcome from VA. My appolgies for the tardy welcome, I haven't mastered typing while riding yet. from the looks of your posts here, you are right on track to becoming a regular. Welcome again

Hello Flopper and welcome from VA. My appolgies for the tardy welcome, I haven't mastered typing while riding yet. from the looks of your posts here, you are right on track to becoming a regular. Welcome again
I hope so, and thanks brotha!

Back