snuffcityrider

Living Legend
Heah, just got my R3 a couple of weeks ago and am ate up with it. I can't ride it enough, can't read enough about it (great web site), I guess I'm a rockaholic. My last ride was the Bonneville America, nice bike but not big enough for two up traveling. Would not start one cold morning, made me mad so I traded it in and got the bike I really wanted in the first place. I ran into a group of Gold Wingers the other day, some waved, most looked the other way. The guy filling up next to me must of had a neck brace on, would not look my way at all. I wanted to ask where he had been, where you going, just the usal small talk. Anybody get tired of the bike brand snobery? I felt like saying "that's a cute little bike you got there". Just make me part of the problem though. Any of you Texas riders out there, thiers the 14th annual toy run next sunday in McGregor at 10:00 am. Really enjoy this forum, keep up the good work, ride safe.:bch:

Last edited:
Howdy TEX

Link Removed
Snuff....... It's a pleasure to welcome you to the site. You sure have plenty of room to roam in your fair state. We've got several Captains down there but they might be too far away for regular riding jaunts. Glad to see you noticed how well the site is built with lots of good people sharing some fun, info, pictures and a little bit of Blarney thrown in for good luck.

When you get some time, lets see a photo of the beast. You probably have noticed we have a running battle about what color is fastest and now some have related the quickness to how soon it was paid off. My thought is the fastest one is the one that wins......period. Wish we could all get together and find out for sure but the kidding is probably more fun in the long run.

Hello Snuff,
The gold wingers really aren't in our league and should be avoided.....kidding!!!

I wave at anything with two wheels. It's nice to get a wave back but I got too much on my plate to wonder why I didn't.
We have other Rocketeers from Texas but that's like saying we have other riders in Europe as it can still take too many hours to hook up for a Saturday ride. Fear not cuz they are out there with numbers on the rise.

Don't be a stranger.

Welcome Snuff

Welcome aboard Snuff. Please jump in often, the topics are varied but we usually come back to the R/3. Please tell, what kind of 60's Honda street scrambler do your have, 305?

Taken Texas to the people.....

I remember trucking in Texas. Years ago, I used to spend my winters in Texas hauling everything from boxed meat to plastic pellets. It's a long way across the state whether you go north to south or east to west. My wife wants to retire in the Austin area and I'm for it. I just have to have a big enough ranch so I can keep farming. Welcome aboard Captain.:)

britman said:
Welcome aboard Snuff. Please jump in often, the topics are varied but we usually come back to the R/3. Please tell, what kind of 60's Honda street scrambler do you
have, 305?
It's a 69 350, it was my dad's. It looks really good, but is not running at the present. I finally found a mechanic that I can trust to work on it. I was amazed looking at the original bill of sale, my dad bought it new for $670 and it was considered a big bike at the time. I spent almost that much on my 500 mile service and some engine bars!

Sidecar Flip said:
I remember trucking in Texas. Years ago, I used to spend my winters in Texas hauling everything from boxed meat to plastic pellets. It's a long way across the state whether you go north to south or east to west. My wife wants to retire in the Austin area and I'm for it. I just have to have a big enough ranch so I can keep farming. Welcome aboard Captain.:)
Be glad to have ya. Plenty of room here, but it might get a little warm for you. You might consider Bosque County, it's beautiful here and lots of ranch land.

Ben Cartwright and Crew

I'm thinking that I'll need around 1000 acres because your land isn't nearly as productive as it is here. Actually, my wife has been looking at properties on the internet. We are planning a trip out there this summer. I'll call the ranch the Ponderosa.:D

Hey Snuff!!

Welcome aboard... I've been busier than a one legged waitress at IHOP so I'm a little late with this...

Don't worry about snobby Honda riders... we actually have a lot of people on here that ride other makes other than the Rocket III and they are great people. We even let Harley riders tag along with us when we go out (we do have to slow down for them though..)

Looking forward to hearing more from ya!!!

Hi Snuffcityrider,just like you I can't seem to be on mine too much.I wanted it 2 yrs. ago but got mine in June and will have 10000 by months end or sooner.Lived in Brian as toddler and San Antonio a few yrs later.I did drive across Tx in one sitting in a 62 falcon.I got the first magazine article on the Rocket on E-Bay recently,and researched everything printed on it that I could find.Got a thick file on it now and it keeps growing.More stuff getting in the market for the beast but it's painfully slow for a lot of us but we have a lot of enterprising mod guys here too.Welcome

Back