Norton sure is pretty but .. parts are bad enough with a large established company like Triumph. Imagine trying to get parts from a barber/ coffee shop at f#ckin Redcliffe. Sorry I'm an old Sandgate lad and we don't like c#nts from Redcliffe :cool:

Last edited:
Frankly I'm offended by the term gay libertarian pot smoking Homo from California with a speech impediment but you don't see me whining about it :laugh:[/QUOTE said:
You're from California! :eek: Now that's an offensive word :p at least the part referring to the southern half:D:roll::roll::roll:

Shawn, is there anyway we can censor the use of that "state's" name??!!:rolleyes:
I'm only kidding of course, i'd rather cringe when I hear it, than see something else censored:thumbsdown:

Ross didn't get much love from Frasers either. Ordered and paid the deposit with them then they gave the QLD dealer to Rocker Motorcycles. A coffee shop at Redcliffe and it went down hill quicker from then on. They couldn't tell you where your new motorcycle is but you can get a hair cut at their shop and have a coffee while you try to work it out

Norton sure is pretty but .. parts are bad enough with a large established company like Triumph. Imagine trying to get parts from a barber/ coffee shop at f#ckin Redcliffe. Sorry I'm an old Sandgate lad and we don't like c#nts from Redcliffe :cool:

For a motorcycle that costs a squillion and appears to be made in a castle (Donington Hall, Castle Donington, Derby DE74 2SG, United Kingdom) by magicians and medieval wizards and Swedish suspension alchemists, then sold by a bunch of Redcliffe c#nt hipster motorcyclist fakes that can cut your hair and fix your beard, is DISTURBING :thumbsdown:

We are a dying breed if this is what it has come to.

Update on Ross's new Norton. He hasn't ridden it since the day I took the photo. Been back at the shop with collapsed bearings in the gearbox. There's another one beside it with the same problem. The manager is conveniently not there when Ross rings or calls in to see what's happening. Over $30,000 for 400klm of joy and a month of pissed off. He got his old Harley out today and went for a ride to give himself something else to think about.
image.jpg

Update on Ross's new Norton. He hasn't ridden it since the day I took the photo. Been back at the shop with collapsed bearings in the gearbox. There's another one beside it with the same problem. The manager is conveniently not there when Ross rings or calls in to see what's happening. Over $30,000 for 400klm of joy and a month of pissed off. He got his old Harley out today and went for a ride to give himself something else to think about.
image.jpg

Bad luck about the Norton hope it gets sorted for him and ends up being the bike he expects . That Harley is one nice old steed for sure

Heard he'd had dramas .. it's good to alert any potential Norton owners of these issues. Not good that's for sure. Like Mitch I really hope he gets it sorted and can enjoy his new machine.

Bad luck about the Norton hope it gets sorted for him and ends up being the bike he expects . That Harley is one nice old steed for sure
Was in half a dozen box's when he brought it. Fuel tank had over 160 pin holes in it, took him months just to rebuild the tank. He hasn't had it uncovered for over 12 months. Took him about 15 minutes tinkering around and he was of down the driveway.

image.jpg
Impressive.

Was in half a dozen box's when he brought it. Fuel tank had over 160 pin holes in it, took him months just to rebuild the tank. He hasn't had it uncovered for over 12 months. Took him about 15 minutes tinkering around and he was of down the driveway.

That's "old " Harleys for you, my old shovel sits under a cover in the shed sometimes for 6 months or more, I keep the fuel tank full and use Briggs and Stratton fuel stabiliser plus in the petrol tank, put the jumper leads on, open the fuel tap flood the carby with the accelerator pump,hit the starter crank it over three or so revs and she fires up , no choke and within a minute she idles like a new one

Back