Looks like this bike was sold with absolutely no testing at all. Just started selling them as soon as they had something that looked good.

On the other hand, the Thruxton R is out of this world; well thought out and thoroughly tested. Quality of finish is unbelievable with too many nice touches to mention. "Wow" and "oh my god" are the usual utterances that people make when they look over one. With 30% more torque than the Norton, big bore USD Showa forks and Ohlins shocks, brushed pipes, reviews that are universally outstanding and a price tag in Australia of under $23,000 ride away (compared to $30,000 for an entry level Norton), it's hard to understand why anyone would even consider a Norton. Ride a Thruxton and allow an hour or so for the boner to turn into a chubby. :inlove

My neighbours new Norton finally over 3 months late. Picked it up yesterday did over 300klm today over Beachmont and Advancetown. Running it in a staying under 4000 rpm. He said it's the best handling bike he's ever ridden, had no trouble running up on the tail of 2 *** sports bikes that were having a crack down Advancetown, scraped the right hand header pipe and muffler and believe me there tucked up out of the way. He's had this thing cranked over on its first ride.

npic.jpg
Wow! looks good, and its in my neck of the woods too. Hope I get to see it on the road one day, ill be the R3T quickly disappearing in HIS rear vision mirror.:)

My neighbours new Norton finally over 3 months late. Picked it up yesterday did over 300klm today over Beachmont and Advancetown. Running it in a staying under 4000 rpm. He said it's the best handling bike he's ever ridden, had no trouble running up on the tail of 2 *** sports bikes that were having a crack down Advancetown, scraped the right hand header pipe and muffler and believe me there tucked up out of the way. He's had this thing cranked over on its first ride.

npic.jpg
WHATS the Price why not buy a new THRUXTON 1200 oh well tell us more

Have you seen the new BMW S1000ZR 160hp 112nm
Yep but it's just not a Norton. I would definitely have the next model up but not through our dealers here. Frazers = getting ripped. Get one direct (yes it can be done ). 1200 twin hmm bottom end = BANG.
I like my big girl.
Iwas a NORTON dealer in the 70s and they didnt hold up that well they would crack gear boxes in half and thats a bad experience 60 mph SCARY

Had similar thing with my last Harley, starter gear sheared a couple of teeth within a couple of months of purchase. Dealer in Darwin tried to "loan" me some clapped out Honda to ride around on while they got the parts from the States. I jumped up and down .. and was discreetly given the number for the main man at Harley Aust. He "ordered" Darwin dealer to pull a new Dyna off the floor and repair mine. Dealer wasn't happy but I was. Bruce glad your neighbour is back on the road , not good for Nortons reputation though.
OH dont get me started on the HARLEY crap they drive me crazy because guys I know buy them and then call me when the break and I hate to work on those things

Back