:thumbsup:
That's "old " Harleys for you, my old shovel sits under a cover in the shed sometimes for 6 months or more, I keep the fuel tank full and use Briggs and Stratton fuel stabiliser plus in the petrol tank, put the jumper leads on, open the fuel tap flood the carby with the accelerator pump,hit the starter crank it over three or so revs and she fires up , no choke and within a minute she idles like a new one

My grandfather had a Ruston Hornsby powered water pump beside the dam that did the same thing :thumbsup:

Read the other day the UK Government has given Norton $6 million dollars. Good on them I guess .. trying to keep a second British motorcycle manufacturer in business. Norton didn't seem to be struggling thinking of ways to spend the money invested in them.

Spoke to Ross on Sunday. Been 8or 9 weeks. Finally got to talk to Norton in England last week. They claim they dispatched a gearbox 5 weeks ago. If their telling the truth it took them 3 weeks or more to get moving. Ross said the shop at Redcliffe can't tell him where it is or when it will be here.

Spoke to Ross on Sunday. Been 8or 9 weeks. Finally got to talk to Norton in England last week. They claim they dispatched a gearbox 5 weeks ago. If their telling the truth it took them 3 weeks or more to get moving. Ross said the shop at Redcliffe can't tell him where it is or when it will be here.
That's pretty ***d I reckon

Ross wrote a letter demanding his bike fixed another new bike or his money back within a week or he would be hiring a lawyer. He hand delivered it to the manager of the Norton dealer that had his bike the week before last. They got onto Frasers who sent up a new bike, they pulled the gearbox out of it and put it in Ross's. He picked it up last Wednesday. All up 3 months wait then they fix it in a week when you really put the pressure on. I would never buy a new Norton or anything else Frasers had anything to do with.

Had similar thing with my last Harley, starter gear sheared a couple of teeth within a couple of months of purchase. Dealer in Darwin tried to "loan" me some clapped out Honda to ride around on while they got the parts from the States. I jumped up and down .. and was discreetly given the number for the main man at Harley Aust. He "ordered" Darwin dealer to pull a new Dyna off the floor and repair mine. Dealer wasn't happy but I was. Bruce glad your neighbour is back on the road , not good for Nortons reputation though.

Had similar thing with my last Harley, starter gear sheared a couple of teeth within a couple of months of purchase. Dealer in Darwin tried to "loan" me some clapped out Honda to ride around on while they got the parts from the States. I jumped up and down .. and was discreetly given the number for the main man at Harley Aust. He "ordered" Darwin dealer to pull a new Dyna off the floor and repair mine. Dealer wasn't happy but I was. Bruce glad your neighbour is back on the road , not good for Nortons reputation though.
He said on the weekend he is going to keep his Harley at least for a while to see how the Norton stands up.

Ross got his new Norton out to go for a ride yesterday. Started it and was holding the revs up a bit because it won't idle (that's another story) and the headlight fell out. The black plastic headlight shell had fallen to pieces. He rang the dealer today, they said most of them have done that. There is a new metal headlight shell available. You'd think may be they could have ordered a heap and just sent them out to the owners before the plastic one fails. They also said the new throttle bodies that are supposed to fix the no idle bit are on their way from England and they will be replacing them. Looks like this bike was sold with absolutely no testing at all. Just started selling them as soon as they had something that looked good.

Back