Ashburton motorbike show. New Zealand

phar2slo

Living Legend
Ride
2006 classic
@Tal and I are heading down to this show
Screenshot_20181124_075117.png
in an hour or so and weather gods are smiling somewhere else today

Well, i hope you got photos to show....all i got was a very wet ******...and not in a good way!!
Put my weather proof leggings against the jardine headers briefly so now i need new ones!!...thankfully i got the melted bits off the headers pretty quickly...
Got to put the Rocket on the mobile dyno down at the show...came up at 153.52hp at the rear wheel at 5117 rpms..gotta be happy with that.

Well a very wet trip across the city to meet up with Tal & his mate Gary.

Then down the Road in Showers all the way.

Arrived at the venue paid the entry fee and could smell burning plastic I think that's got to be my leatherlik panniers!

Asked the bloke where do you want us to park? He said just in the middle over there.
Screenshot_20181124_144118.png

Turns out we were almost the first ones to show up. The other few bikes had parked under cover.
Screenshot_20181124_144145.png

Found out what that burn smell was @Tal plastic wet weather gear melted to the header. Lol. Holy pants for the trip home.

They had a dyno trailer on site for free :eek: So a couple of Harley's had been on 70 and 72 RWHP. I thought might as well have a go and see what the blue beast had.

Screenshot_20181124_144104.png

Well bugger me if it didn't come back with 142 RWHP. So happy as was the best for about an hour.

Screenshot_20181124_144026.png

Until someone else had to put Their Rocket on the machine and above is the overlay of our two Rockets.
Screenshot_20181124_143932.png

@Tal came in with a 153 RWHP.

Was happy for him but can't complain too much for a 12 year old bike it still hauls ar5e.

Gary said that his VMax boost would probably have had more RWHP but didn't want to show us up. Which was very nice of him.

The trip home was really wet when we got the Rakaia River bridge the sky's opened up and boy was it wet Quite a few cars had pulled off the road just before the bridge. The bridge must of had at least 2 inches of surface water on it or that what it looked like watching Tal ahead of me but with me wearing the helmet without the anti fog it was very hard to see or tell. I do have a video of Tal that I will post shortly.

Gday Chris so thats what all the bikes on road in this crappy weather were about.

Been in Dunedin all week and just drove up to Chch for night. Working in Ashburton rest of week then off home.

No time to catch up sorry.

Hi @sleeves / Andrew, Magiepie Rally in Winchester this weekend too.

Bit of a washout the weekend. Also Christmas in the park tonight in Christchurch.

Did notice heaps of traffic on the road going both ways today.

Would have been good to catch up again maybe next time your heading to the Bert Munro Challenge or up in Hamner Springs?

Last edited:
Back