I will keep wearing my hi vis brown or black leathers when I ride. I wear hi vis at work because they make me and I still saw a dump truck run over a guy and kill him at 5mph. Their is so much hi vis on construction sites now that nobody notices it anymore. I also have to wear fire rated clothing long sleeves, pants, and even underwear. Hard hat, safety glasses, and cut resistance gloves. ( I have no problems with this) but when I ride I will wear what I want because I am a big boy. I know the risks but we don't need more laws telling us what to do, when they can't even enforce the laws they have now. (Like texting and cell phone use) if we are not carefull they will tell us that motorcycles should be outlawed because they are dangerous!! We all know the risks of riding and I except that risk!! IMO

I will keep wearing my hi vis brown or black leathers when I ride. I wear hi vis at work because they make me and I still saw a dump truck run over a guy and kill him at 5mph. Their is so much hi vis on construction sites now that nobody notices it anymore. I also have to wear fire rated clothing long sleeves, pants, and even underwear. Hard hat, safety glasses, and cut resistance gloves. ( I have no problems with this) but when I ride I will wear what I want because I am a big boy. I know the risks but we don't need more laws telling us what to do, when they can't even enforce the laws they have now. (Like texting and cell phone use) if we are not carefull they will tell us that motorcycles should be outlawed because they are dangerous!! We all know the risks of riding and I except that risk!! IMO

Fair Dinkum!
1) Dump driver can't see any color if it is blocked from view.
2) Agree that we have enough laws.
3) Using a cell phone in ANY manner and the wearing of a helmet affects others and not just the perpetrator.

I am a big boy. I know the risks but we don't need more laws telling us what to do, when they can't even enforce the laws they have now. (Like texting and cell phone use) if we are not carefull they will tell us that motorcycles should be outlawed because they are dangerous!! We all know the risks of riding and I except that risk!! IMO[/QUOTE]

you must work where I do.

I'll go ya' one better, Tex... I rarely ride at night in my home region, simply because we have the highest density of whitetail deer per square mile in the nation! they are a constant and m,ajor hazard.

Back